We stayed here for a week this Autumn. I'd read the reviews etc., but was still pleasantly surprised at the facilities of our "room". The room itself was actually a bedroom, a bathroom and a dining/kitchen/sitting room - all very roomy, and fully equipped. This was a fantastic bonus as the breakfast in B&B was not on the premises but in a cafe over the road. We just bought breakfast goodies at the supermarket and breakfasted at our leisure at "home". Never had breakfast in the cafe, but apparently it's coffee and a croissant between 9 and 10am (don't quote me on times)...however it's a very nice cafe with lots of outdoor seating and a great people watching position opposite the Castelvecchio. Shame the voucher wasn't valid all day, it would be nice to flop for a free coffee after tramping around all day. The room had masses of storage space and hangers, full size fridge and hob, small washing machine, pots and pans, cutlery and crockery in abundance and a telly in each room (Italian TV) plus a cd player as well.
The staff had excellent English and were really helpful and friendly.
The position of the hotel is fantastic, right opposite Castelvecchio, a short walk to Piazza Bra etc. and near bus stops and cafes and restaurants galore.
The hotel furnishings were pretty old-fashioned but functional, this is NOT a designer chic boutique hotel, but very clean and everything works!!
A tip for getting to hotel from shuttle bus stop at station. Buy a bus ticket at the Tabac just inside the station and cross into the bus station, almost all the buses go past Castelvecchio, but if you go to stance D the 21, 22, & 23 are very frequent, just get off when you see Castelvecchio (you really can't miss it!!). Turn back from bus stop, a few yards up the street you'll see a red painted building, that's your hotel..the entrance is round the side.
Tip 2...somebody said their room was noisy, ours overlooked the internal courtyard and was so silent we doubted the presence of any other guests, and couldn't hear ANY traffic at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic centre of Verona, with a magnificent view of Castelvecchio, the Verona House Residence offers Studios and One Bedroom apartments of various sizes, elegantly furnished and equipped with every form of comfort (air conditioning, Wifi, TV, etc.) and a fully equipped kitchen. The Arena, Philharmonic Theatre and all the most beautiful places in the historic centre of Verona can be reached on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Verona House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residenza Verona House Hotel Verona
- La Residenza Verona Hotel
- La Residenza Hotel Verona