“Home away from home”

Alle Torri B&B
Ranked #131 of 412 Verona B&B and Inns
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at so many B&Bs in the last month and this one was my favourite by far. Super cute/large/comfortable room, huge breakfast (cappichino, bread, meat, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, and much more). Friendly host. 20 min walk from Verona centre. Or 2 min walk to bus stop. Only things that weren't the best were: the WIFI kept turning on and off. You can only shower in the evening. Overall it was such a pleasant stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Murraè W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We came in from Milan to Verona and was 2 hours caught in traffic so we were late for our check in time which usually shouldn't be a problem for most accommodation.

We had trouble entering the building gate and so we called the number provided. The guy that picked up was friendly and said " oh yes sure, let me get someone to open it for you",... So this young guy opened the door said hello and I could sense he wasn't too happy. He said in very broken English. " 2,3,4,5 waiting for both of you, no good" obviously he meant to express he has been waiting for us since 2pm..... Anyway, he showed us our room and we were totally AMAZED on how beautiful the room is!

Cleaned!
Luxurious! ( we had the luxurious themed room, which was the best among their other rooms, in my opinion)
TV, free wifi provided
Talking about wifi, I called the number again and the same friendly guy from before picked up and because it was after hours I said, sorry to disturb and he quickly said " no no don't worry, tell me" I could sense he was very concern about his guests, although we never got to see him.

The bed and pillows were good and we had a good night sleep till 7am when there was banging of doors ,luggage dragged through the corridor and foot steps by the other guests that were checking in early.

Not much of an issue for us since we were also awake to leave early too.

We came out of the room and went to the breakfast room, the same young guy was preparing breakfast for us and while we were eating he was stomping around, banging doors here and there.... And obviously he was either sleepy as it was early or he was forced to do what he was doing.... That was how my husband and I felt as every single B and B we have been in Europe always had very welcoming host and had a passion for what they do.... This host was just difficult to be around. We felt so uncomfortable at the breakfast table that we couldn't eat ( although the spread was a good spread ) and just wanted to leave the place immediately.

Anyway, I give it a 4 because the room was nice and clean, felt like our very own bed room in Verona . And there was a generous amount of welcome drinks and snacks in the room. Free car park by the street, supermarket next door. Everything about the place was great! Just the host for us was not welcoming to us which we were shocked as we booked this place based on the past reviews that mentioned how amazing the host is. Oh well,

Just booked this place for an amazing room experience and a nice breakfast spread.

Price is good too actually.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alijanst
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Honestly, I am scared of housing in Europe, but this place rebounded my hope. For $20 a night, I slept in one of the most comfortable beds of my semester and woke up to a delicious breakfast. The breakfast consisted of not only homemade cappuccinos, but fresh grapefruit juice (amongst other things). The rooms were INCREDIBLE clean. While checking out, I saw that the owner was moping the room of one of the guests who left the hour before, so I know the rooms are thoroughly cleaned after EVERY visit.

Coming to this place at night, I was initially a little skeptical, for they are located in an apartment building. BUT, like I said earlier, it is one of the best places I have stayed so far. It is within walking distance from the train station, but I would definitely not suggest walking (take the bus). Other than that, I wouldn't think twice before booking this cosy bed and breakfast again! You get above and beyond what you pay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We travelled around Italy for two weeks in August, and this was our second stop. Without a doubt this is an amazing place, I would recommend staying here to everyone, you won't be disappointed!
I agree with the other reviews, our hosts were great, very informative & helpful. I'm not a great fan of sharing bathrooms to be honest, but here you hardly notice it. There are 2 bathrooms to the 3 rooms. Everytime we wanted to use the bathroom there was always one free, and both were always clean.
The Breakfast - I feel can be an afterthought for most B&Bs but not here. The choice and quantity was certainly a surprise; it'll certainly make you full and ready for your day of touring Verona. There is so much i could praise Alle Torri for but really you need to go and experience this delightful place for yourself!
(The only reason i have marked sleep quality down slightly is because the bed was too firm for me, but that really is just a personal preference and I have found firm beds seems to be the choice of Italy. So don't let that influence your decision at all.) THANK YOU to the host for helping to make our stay in Verona amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I am travelling as a solo young female and have never felt so safe. This is a fantastic place just outside the city. There is a bus stop 5 minutes walk away that will take you to the station and into town. Walking from town isn't far. This place is run fantastically. The owner gives you a free map and shows you the sights, where to catch the bus, good places to eat and drink. Very clean. Room was great. My room was ocean themed. Breakfast was amazing. So much to eat, all delicious and so much selection. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Verona!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just a lovely host who had so much time and advice to give and genuinely seemed to love what he does. Every recommendation given for restaurants and cafes was perfect. The place is decorated so stylishly and uniquely. Everything with a personal touch. It's about a 20min walk to the city centre which is fine if you don't mind walking as we don't. The only thing is that the air con is in the hall but not actually in the room which has an electric fan instead. Would definitely recommend. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Wow!!! Super service! Great B&B!
Very healthy and nice breakfast!
Nice guy who runs the B&B! Very kind!
Just next to the city, so good location! On foot to the city is possible in 20 min.
Every room has a different touch! Nice decoration :)
Loved our stay there!