“Love this hotel!”
Review of Hotel Trieste

Hotel Trieste
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Friendly, informative staff. Had room on 3rd floor with balcony...great lighting in room, same in bathroom. Strong shower, very clean and bright. Only drawback was A/C not available yet..unseasonably warm for early May. Great decor! Lots of art and perfect location to restaurants and sightseeing. Very good breakfast and coffee. Would definitely recommend. I am unable to undo terrible on pool rating but there wasn't one so please disregard!

Room Tip: Rooms facing street have more noise, but I liked that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel especially for price. The location is just about perfect. 10 minutes walk from the station and only a 3 minute stroll to the arena area. The reception area is very well decorated. The staff were diligent and very helpful as well. The room we had on the 5th floor had 2 balconies and was large and spotless. Breakfast was also very good. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice hotel in good location to see all sights in Verona. Within walking distance to central station (15 minutes) and city center (5 minutes to Arena, 15 minutes to Juliettes balcony). Excellent bathrooms, rooms have excellent beds but the furniture is somehow out of time (it's not old but I would not buy it anymore). Beautiful entrance hall and helpful staff will assist you with any need.
Overall a good value for the money.

Room Tip: we were on the street side and had a nice balcony. Some street noise there but not disturbing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

In fair Verona where we lay our scene, we chance upon this independent hotel, by the name of Trieste. 'Tis joyful that our room included a balcony, for we couldst call out 'Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou?' Nobody answered except a startled pigeon, but it was worth a try.

Reception staff were very helpful, giving us directions and advice, ordering taxis, etc. The reception area is interestingly decorated with an eclectic collection of sculptures and art, with some nice couches to recline on whilst reading your map or waiting for your taxi. I've mentioned taxis twice - it's too far to walk from the train station, and not particularly pleasant, across some busy intersections and ugly surroundings. So take ye our advice, o voyager, and travel from the station in comfort. 10 Euros, a couple of minutes, and you're there.

There's a lift to the upper floors of this merrie inn, which helps relieve the burden of bearing your luggage upstairs. The room was a goodly size, with wooden wardrobes for storing our travelling cloaks and other vestments. The bathroom was also clean and roomy enough.

Take heed of noisy wooden shutters, lest ye waken the other guests during the night. Those who heard my unseemly racket may have fear'd I was trying to waken William Shakespeare from the grave. I wasn't, I was merely trying to retrieve something from the balcony. But they're loud, those shutters.

Breakfast was the standard continental fare. A small selection of cereals, bread rolls, fairly low quality sliced meats and cheeses. The lady serving breakfast was not the friendliest, answering questions with a terse single word, and stomping around. Perhaps I woke her from gentle slumbers with the noisy shutters? Perhaps she thought me as loathsome as a toad, a knotty-pated fool,or a bolting-hutch of beastliness? I know not. Either way, it was a shame, as all the other staff were so downright helpful.

On leaving the front door of the hotel, it'll take around 5 minutes to walk up to the historic town centre, Castelvecchio, the arena, etc. All in all, we liked this hotel and would recommend it.

Now go, sirrah, trudge about through fair Verona.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I accidentally selected this hotel when I was unable to find the one I was looking for. It was a great find.

I spent one night at the property. It was very clean, bright and large by Italian standards. The bathroom was new and spotless.

There was an unusual collection of art all over the property. The breakfast was exceptionally tasty and diverse. The front desk people were helpful and efficient.

Everything at the property worked. It was a very good value.

Room Tip: I liked the room that overlooked the park across the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank long3view
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Perfectly located hotel on the main road only 10 minutes from the train station and 5 minutes to the centre of Verona. We had a room facing the main road with a balcony and the view over to the mountains was pretty cool, there also wasn't much noise from the road so it caused no problems with noise. The room itself was spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made some recommendations for restaurants outside of the tourist price areas. Breakfast was included in the price and it was much more than expected with a wide range of drinks, bread, meat, cakes and cereals. A great stay in a great city, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Recommended!!! We stayed here for 4 nights and St. Valentine's weekend. Hotel is well located, walking distance to both train station and old Verona town. Service was good and staff very friendly. Room was comfortable, quiet and tidy. Breakfast was more than expected. Also good value.

I choose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and it was choice that I do not regret. The purpose of the trip to Italy and Verona was to propose my girlfriend. I contacted hotel staff months before and they were extremely helpful and went to help me. They had arranged roses, candles and fruit and romantic atmosphere for the big moment. On Friday St. Valentines day after great time in Verona and fantastic dinner in good restaurant I proposed to my girlfriend back in hotel and it was astonishing. We will definitely stay again. Thank you Hotel Trieste staff.

Room Tip: Romantic room, top floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple