“Pleasure postponed”

and up
Verona City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #57 of 260 things to do in Verona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I revisited this site to obtain the most up to date information on the situation with any advice on the likely date of re-opening. I was advised that the work was estimated to be completed "next year" but whether that would be next July or next December was completely unknown- "Chissa !"
I can only hope that when I visit next year for the opera festival there might be a more accurate estimate of a completion date so that I can advise you accordingly.

1  Thank Gi0vanni

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My memory of my last visit to this site was of a very impressive collection well curated. However, my memory may be all I have to rely on for some time since my visit last week revealed that work started earlier this month to protect the museum and surroundings from earthquake damage and entrance would not be possible for at least two years. In view of the history of how the Greeks treated the messengers of bad news, I was rather apprehensive about passing on this information but I decided to risk it for the greater good of TripAdvisor readers and save them a fruitless journey.

6  Thank Gi0vanni
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The museo isn't unusual. We've seen several like it in Paris, Israel, etc. However the museo hosts wonderful photography exhibits that make it worth the trip. Looking at the photos in the archeological dig adds a feeling of timeless eternal beauty.

2  Thank Jordeneh
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The museum is located in the Teatro Romano and has excellent pieces in superb rooms adding to the authenticity. Not as sterile as formal exhibition rooms.
Superb.

1  Thank Louise T
Reviewed 24 August 2012

A good collection in a lovely location. My husband and I visited this on the Verona Museum ticket as it is also part of the Roman theatre. It is a lovely site with good views of Verona, it was not busy at all even at the end of July.

1  Thank Cazzy62