“Visit early to avoid mass ”
Review of Torre dei Lamberti

US$56.27*
Walk Through Verona - Guided Tour
Ranked #10 of 260 things to do in Verona
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy panoramic views of the Alpsa from the 84-m tower built in the 12-15th centuries.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Visited early in the morning and didn't have the line to wait in or people that are pushing to take a picture. It was nice and quiet when we went.
It supposedly should have 369 (not sure) steps but with the Verona card you can take the elevator for free. As we already climbed almost every tower in every city we visited, we wanted to be 'lazy' on this early morning. You still have to climb some steps after you get out of the elevator.

Worth the visit and free with Verona Card.

1  Thank Chellodi

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Situated just off the Piazza delle Erbe, the Torre dei Lamberti is the tallest tower in Verona. A lift with take you more than half way up and then it's stairs (but not too exhausting). There are two levels that you can look out from and the views are pretty specatacular over the whole city.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had the Verona card (it will save you a little money, but a lot of inconvenience) so only paid €1 extra to use the lift.

The lift stops just below the first viewing platform, the one with the triple arcade on each side seen from the ground.

I walked up the stairs from the lift to the platform. As I got onto it, the strong wind pushed me rapidly and worryingly toward the low railing at the edge. Fortunately I was able to grab and hold the railing of the stairs up to the next level before anything nasty could happen.

Once you're used to the wind, you can make your way to the railings on each side and admire the views - and they are great views. Just try not to be caught by surprise like I was.

Given the high winds I didn't climb to any higher level, so can't report on them.

1  Thank grh59
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Torre is good thing to do if you have the Verona card. Don't know if I would have bothered if I had not had one. The view was lovely and a great way to take an "aerial" shot of the Piazza delle Erbe.

Thank K.P S
Reviewed 21 May 2014

At first I thought: I don't want to walk all those steps going up but then I realized 95% is by elevator and the last 10 steps are by foot :). The entrance fee is 8 euro's and it is worth it! When you get up you have an amazing, breath taking view over the whole city.. I arrived on top of the tower and was with no words.. Must visit and go up when you go to Verona.