“Perfetto!!”

Ranked #5 of 166 Speciality Lodging in Verona
Saddleworth
“Perfetto!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked into Ca' dell Orto because of the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and we had a fantastic stay.

On arrival, we were greeted by the two lovely ladies who run the establishment and were impressed by their helpful and friendly manner. They both spoke good English and gave us all the information we could possibly need- street map of Verona with all the attractions marked on, bus/taxi information and recommendations for restaurants.

We had booked a large apartment and we were not disappointed- it was huge! It could easily have accommodated a family of four/five. It was spotlessly clean and had everything you could think of including iron/ironing board, hairdryer, clothes airer, washing machine. The apartment was serviced daily and new towels put out, including pool towels. Bottled water was also left each day.

The gardens and pool area were impressive and beautifully maintained . There were plenty of sunloungers and areas to relax- just what we needed after a busy day sight-seeing. It was very tranquil and so much nicer than a hotel in the middle of Verona. We could relax on our own balcony if we didn't want to stay by the pool.

Breakfast was a delightful experience as we were able to eat outside and look out over the lovely gardens.There was so much to choose from- fresh fruit( melon, pineapple were my favourite), cereals, toast, pastries, omelettes, sausages, eggs, home-made quiches, ham, cheeses and an amazing array of home-made cakes!! I tried to resist them ,but after my husband raved about the lemon tart, I succumbed!! All I can say is, there was something for everyone.

The apartments are about a 30 minute walk from the centre, but the buses run every 15 minutes or so and the stop is just at the end of the road. We walked most days and Chiara ordered us a taxi to take us to the opera. The same firm took us to the airport and I was so impressed with the driver- I left my mobile in the car and only realised as I was about to go through Security. I phoned Manuela at the apartments and she said that the driver had found my phone and was bringing it back to the airport for me. I was so relieved and delighted with the care and concern shown to us.

If you go to Verona, don't stay in a hotel- stay at Ca' dell Orto and you will be looked after so well. A huge thank-you to all of the lovely people that own/run this fantastic establishment from two very happy customers.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hungarian first
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Perfect stay just a few km's from the center of Verona. Offering a truly wonderful Italian home-cooked breakfast, with a delightful, decent sized pool, along with some quality outdoor gym equipment, this is highly recommended family run accommodation.

However, as these are effectively short-stay holiday apartments, I would have liked to have been offered a simple 'starter pack' (coffee, milk, washing tablets, etc.).

That said, the staff are all very friendly and couldn't be more helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

A great place to stay and explore the wonderful city whilst also being able to have some downtime by the pool chilling. Within a pleasant half an hour walk to the centre of Verona and also located just at the end of a regular every 10mins bus route this location is ideal. The owners could not be more helpful or friendly. Breakfast was fab with a great choice. We stayed in a ground floor studio appartment which was spotless, modern and with plenty of room. Kitchen facilities were ample and the bathroom had plenty of hot water at all times. We would definitley return here and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room but if you want a view, maybe ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New Forest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our second time at Ca' dell Orto and another great experience. Chiara and her wonderful family looked after us so well and really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time with them.
The apartments are spacious, well equipped, spotlessly clean and in a nice location with a good pool and lovely, well kept gardens. Linen and towels are changed very day (pool towels provided) and even bottles of water left in the apartments each day.
Breakfast is delightful with a huge choice including delicious home made cakes and quiches, a lovely way to start each day.
About 25 minute walk into Verona centre but there are some shops and cafes within 5 - 10 minutes walk including two supermarkets. There are bikes for hire at the apartments (only 5 euros per day) and this is a lovely and relaxing way to see Verona, highly recommended.
Really cannot fault Ca Dell Orto in any way, not the cheapest but you absolutely get what you pay for, we will definitely be staying again and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As everyone says it is hard to fault. Only slight down is quite a walk (20-30 mins) to centre and restaurants etc. though buses do come very close (get a Verona Card which gives you all public transport as well as attraction entry if you are using buses). Lovely and peaceful spot by the river; beautiful garden and pool. The family are very welcoming. Wasn't expecting a balcony and really enjoyed that. The breakfasts are simply unbeatable!

Room Tip: Views over river and pool at the back and garden at the front. No undesirable rooms as far as I coul...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiff N
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This place is just perfect. Family run and they make you feel like part of the family. Location is peaceful and beautiful. Grounds are so beautifully kept it's like being in a resort. Pool is gorgeous with sun loungers, chairs and umbrellas. Rooms spacious, new feeling and super clean. Breakfast is awesome and a huge selection of home made cakes which are delicious. Walk to Verona center is about 30mins but nice along the river and supermarket close by. Just so so so awesome. STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lauren C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is now my third visit and I will be back. If you are looking for an apartment,fantastic service, beautiful gardens, swimming pool an oasis of tranquility and the best welcome you are likely to find in Italy then this is the place for you. Chiara and Manuela welcomed me back like an old family friend, and this I noticed with so many of their guest. Most of them who I spoke to said it was their second, third or even fourth visit. This speaks for itself in a world where it is easy to look for another place to stay on the Internet. Every time I go it gets better. The gardens and pool are maintained so well,plenty of comfortable sun beds and umbrellas. The appartements are spotless and contain everything you need that is often missing from some places I've stayed. A full length mirror being one!,There was nothing I had to ask for-it's all there ready and waiting! The breakfast is amazing and I guarantee if you go there you won't want to leave. Plenty of parking, a regular bus (stop a 100m away) to town and the station or a 25 min pleasant walk into the centre of Verona. Manuela provided me with a bike and the ride along the river to the centr took 10miniutes.Thank you Chiara,Manuela and all of your lovely family for another wonderful stay. See you next time
P

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony or terrace with a pool or garden view. The girls are very accommodating so...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo