“Feels like home, Great Location!”

and 1 more site!
Al Quadrifoglio Bed and Breakfast in Verona
Ranked #132 of 432 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We loved our time at Al Quadrifoglio. Davide and Giusy are fantastic hosts and have done a great job of getting the balance right between creating a homely, helpful environment and still allowing guests their privacy.

We stayed at Al Quadrifoglio for three nights. The B&B is nice and easy to get to from the train station (where we arrived in Verona) - it took about 8-10 minutes on the bus, and the bus stop is literally right out the front of the apartment. Bus ticket to Via Maggio costs €1.30 per person.

The apartment itself is very charming. Our room was spacious and comfortable and was cleaned every day. There were two other couples staying with Davide and Giusy during our time at Al Quadrifoglio, it was great to meet them and mingle a little, though how much contact you have with the other guests is completely up to you - there is as much privacy on offer as you like. We had our own bathroom for the duration of our stay for us and only us, which was fantastic.

Giusy sat us down when we first arrived and explained a little bit about the city and the major sites and provided us with a map of Verona along with some recommendations on where to eat , what to visit and when - this was a great help.

Breakfast was fantastic, too. There is a whiteboard in the living room where you can jot down your preferred breakfast time each night along with whether you would like to be served coffee, hot chocolate etc along with your meal. On offer each morning are a selection of fruits, yoghurts, cereals, cold meats, cheeses and eggs along with bread and a range of homemade jams and of course fruit juice.

In terms of location Al Quadrifoglio is, in our eyes, perfectly situated. It's an easy, 15-20 minute walk in the one direction to reach the city centre so, not a tough mission while still giving you a place to retreat to when you're looking for some peace and quiet and an opportunity to put your feet up for a while. If the 15-20 minute walk starts to grind on you, remember - the bus stop is literally just outside the door.

Al Quadrifoglio provides free wireless internet so you're always able to keep yourself in the loop and up-to-date with emails etc without having to run out and find an internet cafe.

In terms of value, we were extremely happy with the cost given the extraordinary level of comfort and service. Would definitely recommend Al Quadrifoglio and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris W

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Davide and Giusy are such lovely hosts.
We stayed there for 2 nights and they gave detailed emails on how to get to their place by bus from Verona Puorto Nuova.
Rooms have fresh towels, bathrooms are cleaned daily, really cosy and you totally get the Italian household feel and breakfast is amazing with home-made jams, italian small goods, fresh eggs/bread, juice, coffee, tea, anything you want!
The walk into the center is scenic across the bridge down IV Novembre and is about 15 minutes.
A cab costs under 10 euros to get into the town centre which we took a few times because we were running late to meet friends.
There are 2 other rooms they rent out and we met people at breakfast who were all really nice as well. You barely notice people there (maybe because we went out most of the day).
Really happy overall and would definitely come back ;-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

As over reviewers have said this B&B is situated about 20-30 mins walk from the city center. It is on a main bus route to the Railway Station which takes about 15 mins. Our room was a good size and was clean, tidy and comfortable (had the best nights sleep for ages). It came with its own large bathroom. I cannot really add more than previous reviewers. The breakfasts are fantastic and Giusy had just started making bread which was wonderful. Davide is passionate about food and wine so if you have questions about local food and wine he will be able to help you. We thoroughly enjoyed Davide and Giusy's company and will definitely return

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AEDoxsey
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Al Quadrifoglio is located just outside the old city centre of Verona, which I estimated to be a brisk walk of about 20-30 minutes between the two. There are buses running between the Al Quadrifoglio and the old city centre and the bus stop is near the B&B. However, we had cool spring weather and I found walking more enjoyable, which was both pleasant and refreshing.

The double rooms we had were tidy and clean. Lighting was on the dim side and not suitable for reading (perhaps not for an electronic tablet devise though). The two rooms shared a common bathroom, which is straddled between the two bedrooms. I recall there were only 3 double rooms for rental so there was a sense of privacy.

Breakfast was very good with a variety of pastry, fruits and cold cuts served. The owners have an interesting take on jam and would be happy to share their thoughts with you.

One other point I want to make on the location is that there are not many diners nor convenience stores nearby. Overall, our stay was cozy and pleasant. The rental was very affordable and I recommend this B&B to other budget conscious travelers.

Room Tip: Choose the room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank simonjw0807
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October 2011. The owner is super-helpful, and waited patiently for us even though we arrived later than we thought we would. He even took time to explain us everything we wanted to know and more; about location, sights, restaurants, surrounding area etc. Rooms are clean and cosy, and the breakfast is really, really good!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shamsiyye
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My return trip to Verona included two operas (Aida and Carmen) as part of the Opera Festival, and another wonderful stay at Al Quadrifoglio. As usual, the hospitality was second to none, and the food and accommodations were perfect in every way. Sharing a bathroom with the other room is not a problem, the wireless Internet is always up and running, and the air conditioning means a perfect night's sleep, even in the heat of the summer. Although I had to check in extra early (having come in on the overnight train from Paris), there was no hesitation on the part of my wonderful hosts, Davide and Giusy. The B&B is very close to Verona Centro, and conveniently on a bus line from the train station. Other than the trip to and from the train station, you can see all of the major sites by foot. I am planning on returning with my new husband, and I recommend this B&B wholeheartedly to any and all who are wanting to discover my favourite city in Italy.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Catsitter
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I'm from Verona, and I've booked "Al Quadrifoglio B&B" for my friend's parents, coming for Aida in the Arena and to visit the city for a Weekend.
They thanked me a lot for booking there. They said me they felt better than in every holiday of their life at Al Quadrifoglio. Beautiful, clean and in a quiet but central area, but the best of all are Giusy and Davide. I felt I had to leave here a reference for these two incredible guys. They really care about people staying in Verona.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family