“Fair Verona”

Ranked #196 of 421 Verona B&B and Inns
Florence, Italy
“Fair Verona”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location from the station and into the city is really excellent, 3 minutes from the station. The trains stop about 11pm or so, and there is a little maintenance after that on the lines occasionally, but only for 30mins or so. So noise was not really an issue. Only 10 into the heart of the city. The room was good, the low ceiling and Air Conditioning set too hot it's only downsides.

Beware the very small showers. I'm not very big and I barely squeezed in. If you are not average sized you may have difficulty.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a low roof, so if you are tall request a different one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Fantastic location - 10mins walk into town, 5 minutes walk to the bus/train station and really quite quiet (the trains stop at 11pm). We only stayed for 1 night while travelling around Italy. The hostel was clean and had all the facilities we needed, we shared 2 bathrooms between 3 rooms which never caused a problem. Wifi throughout, breakfast did the job with cereal/cheese/ham/bread/pastries and toast on offer.
The only downside for us was that the 'double' was 2 single beds pushed together which was quite uncomfortable with the big seams running down the middle. Also the walls were quite thin as we could easily hear the conversation in the room next to us.
Compared to a lot of hotels/b&b's this was very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed 1 March 2014

A very good cozy place, 15 minutes walk from the center of Verona (that is with two exhausted children to carry :) ). People here write about the rails - well we probably faced the other side, because we've noticed them only on the next day. Rooms are nicely decorated, very warm atmosphere, WiFi all over the place, very friendly owners. The only problem for us was to carry all the luggage up the stairs (there's no sign of an elevator, while we had rooms under the roof), and to find a parking spot (the quiet narrow street is not that full with them). The other thing was that shower and lavatory were across the corridor from the rooms, which is a llittle awkward.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We took this B&B to catch the early train next day. The B&B is very close the rails (almost just built over the rails). I am a light sleeper but the window of my room doesn't face the rail, so I slept quite well. The room is a little bit small but meets all the basic requirement for a simple comfortable sleep. I just depend on google map and it's not difficult for me to find here. There are many good hotel choices in the beautiful Verona center so I will only recommend this hotel to those who prefer train transportation with reasonable room rates. Request a room not facing the rail if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the rail if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HappyFF
Venice, FL
Reviewed 20 December 2013

When I arrived at the B&B location on a side street after driving around in the dark for a long time, the B&B owner, Roberto, was not there. He had a recording to tell me he'd be back in 10 minutes. He showed up shortly and gave me a briefing about Verona, showed me to my room and gave me a map and directions downtown and suggestions where to eat. The room was spacious and clean and the shared bathroom had excellent clean and modern fixtures. I chose this place for the location and price - 45 euros per night for two nights. Roberto left to do an errand but failed to advise me how to open the electric gate at the street. The buzzer for egress is located on the wall outside by the gate I later learned. Roberto also failed to advise me about the WiFi code and the WiFi connection which is only effective when in the dining room not the room. The following day Ian, a very helpful staff member, tried to help me connect to WiFi but I didn't get online until later that day. The train rumbled in the night but I was not disturbed. It felt like a metro/subway train passing under the B&B. Parking on the narrow one-way street has to be monitored by the B&B staff and a sign placed inside the car on the dash with the time to deter the police from giving out a ticket. My car key had to be in their possession, not a desirable procedure. The included breakfast was fine and I slept well both nights. I recommend that Roberto prepare a detailed handout in several languages with all the pertinent information about access and egress and WiFi issues, breakfast hours, local restaurants, parking etc. for his guests. It seems to me that management has too many other distractions to support guests to the best extent possible. Overall it all came together, however it could have been a much worse experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you arrive in the daylight and /or have a GPS with the B&B address recorded.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very charming B&B, well run and with moderately good service. Close to downtown and very close to the train station. Actually, right on top of the tracks (OK, 50 feet away.) Heard every train going through Verona, woke up several times during the night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Warragul, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

When booking our stay in Verona we researched for Hotels and B & B's that had a communal "Terrace" so that we could relax at night with our friends that we were travelling with. When we were checking in we were excited that the reception room was exactly like the photos. We were then very disappointed to be led out of B & B La Magnolia down the street to B & B Fiore De Roby. No terrace like in the photos and no B & B La Magnolia!!!! Our rooms were adequate for our 2 night stay, but even the double glazed window/door couldn't deaden the sound of the trains from about 4am till after midnight. Breakfast was served in a small room (lots of pre package items and limited choice) luckily the weather was fine and we were able to eat outside at the 4 tables set out front next to the main steps/entry. If you wanted coffee you had to pay using the coffee machine in the hallway. There was a wierd smell in the B & B, not sure if it was the air freshener or old stale cooking smells. When checking out we had to go back down to La Magnolia to pay. Our receipt showed B & B Fiore De Roby, but all booking confirmation was in the name of B & B La Magnolia. I don't think anyone gets to stay there now.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends