“This is Italy!”

La Pigna, Osteria - Antica Trattoria
Price range: US$1 - US$72
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: visit our new sito www.osteriapigna.com
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We joined a local of Verona at his favourite resturant and was spoiled with a selection of local wines and dishes. The resturant is in the old city just out of the main tourist areas and I believe a hidden gem. Stay away from the tourist resturants on the squares with there horrible pizza, go to La Pigna and experience Italy as it should be tasted.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Visited the osteria for lunch on a monday. The ambience is cozy and relatively 'authentic', and the food was simple and very good. I strongly recommend the pappardelle with duck sauce, which in my opinion were the best part. My steak tartare was good and came with a generous serving of grilled vegetables and radicchio, topped with quality olive oil. My partner's bigoli con le sarde were also very tasty. Would have liked to try the creme brulee, but it is hot outside and I don't want to sweat!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had been to a delightful museum further down this streety on the way to the Duomo and found this well-recommended trattoria. Service a little curt, food good and very popular with locals. Good if you are in this part of the centre.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Great value lunch with genuine staff; we had the lunch special, wine and coffees, all inclusive in the very reasonable price of 10 Euros each.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Great restaurant with a truly authentic feel. Not far from the Duomo this restaurant offers an excellent service and it is recognized as a great place to eat by the locals. We went there with my inlaws and my daughter (1 year and a half) and we all loved it. They have a choice of 6 daily menus ranging from 10-12 EUR wine, water and coffee included. We were 4 adults and ordered them all! and they were all excellent. The service was impeccable we arrvied shortly before closing but they didn't mind waiting for us longer and re-opening the kitchen when we ordered seconds!!
Travelling with young children can be difficult but here they were very nice and our daughter loved the food!
You will be truly delighted by the quality of the food and the friendly staff. I felt the need to share this great address.