“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Company

Al Company
Ranked #42 of 476 Restaurants in Vicenza
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

I've eaten at this place many times since a good friend turned me on to the place. the food is always excellent at lunch - I always select my meals from the "menu fisso". You can't go wrong as ther are several selections on the first, second and side menus. I've taken visiting co-workers there as well as visiting family. Not one complaint ever, and all want to return. That says it all!

• Visited December 2012

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mange, Mange!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

My first night in Italy, completely jet-lagged and very hungry, I headed directly for the in-house restaurant called 'Al Company' located to the rear of Hotel Victoria. Wow, it's true what everyone says about the food here, especially the pizza and wine!
I ordered a 'funghi et formaggio' pizza pie to go and believe me, you really do get a pie! That means it is not sliced the way American pizza is always cut so I had to manage eating this fantastic tasting 'pie' by ripping jagged, uneven pieces out of it. It was still sooo good! I later learned that Italians eat their un-sliced pzza pies with a knife and fork; not by hand the way we uncivilized Americans do it! The house wine was also very pleasing to my palate. Now, I'm no pro at wine tasting but I know what I like and this house white was fantastico. I had been drinking the restaurants' house white for two weeks and then found out it was actually a chardonnay. What!?, I don't even like chardonnay! Well, I do now, as long as it's Italian. I liked it so much that I bought 6 bottles and they threw in a free bottle of their house red as a bonus. I discovered that the wine is made locally in Veneto just for Al Company, bravo!

Visited September 2012
Vicenza, Italy
“Good for Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Recently had a "menu del giorno" (first course, second course,vegetable) lunch for Euro 11. It was very good--there were many choices for each course, portions were ample, service was friendly--can either eat outside under the canopy or inside in the A/C. I'd recommend this for a "business lunch"--or just for fun!

• Visited July 2012
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Wonderful family Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I normally never visit a hotel's restaurant, but I was staying at Hotel Victoria for 10 days and dined here 5 or 6 nights! The restaurant is family run and both brothers and other waitstaff were very, very friendly. Don't be fooled by the sign calling the restaurant a "pizzeria": in addition to a wide variety of delicious pizzas, they serve a wide selection of primi piattis (first courses) and secondi piattis (second courses). I especially enjoyed the mixed fried seafood, the orata (fish, filleted for you at the table), and DOC pizza. The owners often comped us with a delicious after-dinner drink - limoncello or a sort of sherbert/vodka/prosecco drink. We were government employees or contractors and the restaurant was glad to bill each of us separately. I highly recommend Al Company.

• Visited May 2012
Vicenza
“Touristy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have attended several group luncheons here and they were handled very well. There is a full menu, including pizza at lunch and daily specials. Plenty of parking. However, the staff lacks the warmth that is found in smaller establishments. The food is not bad at all, but is not spectacular. If you're looking for a good place near the Army post, that can handle groups, this is a good choice. However, since I prefer smaller trattorie I would not return to this restaurant on my own.

• Visited February 2012