“robbed me”

Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Bari
New York City, New York
“robbed me”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

On a recent trip to Bari, I had the very unpleasant following experience with the Victoria Parc Hotel in Palese near the airport.

I called them in the early afternoon to see if they have rooms and the lady made a reservation for me at 80€ for one night and a double room. It was very clear I needed a double room for two persons.

I already mentioned I was going to arrive late in the evening at that point.

During the evening when it appeared that I was going to be arriving really late at 10.30 PM but still in respect to what I have announced before, I made another call to confirm my “later” arrival.

At that time, the gentleman on the phone told me the double room would be 20€ more than the single and when I objected that his lady colleague told me 80without any doubt about it, he mentioned for a mere excuse she had probably made a mistake earlier telling me 80€…

Too late for me to change plans unfortunately!

I was really upset at this way of cheating people, which I would relate to disgraceful mentalities still unfortunately happening in some parts of the world. The guy who is “stealing” 20€ in this manner to us thinks he is smarter, the same way he would have a gun and shoot at someone who already is in a corner and cannot move… It is the same mental pattern with a different scale.

This guy stole 20€ for me and will do it again to you unless we, road warriors can voice our experiences, get enough organized to know about these practices and stop staying at those hotels. Think of it!

Other than that, the hotel was really nothing exceptional. The price I would have found acceptable for this place would have been 60€ at most. The room was very small. It was on the ground floor and I counted dozens of ants on the desk near the fridge probably because of the ground floor situation. It was too late to complain and ask for a room change given the previous “price robbing experience”. The breakfast was frugal. Internet connection was ultra-slow. I had no time to explore the surroundings but from what I saw from the car, there is not a single restaurant at fair distance.

Additonanly, for some unexplained reason, this hotel has something against Alitalia and they are “smart” enough to advertise in bold letters at their front desk (see picture) : “in this hotel Alitalia is not welcome”.

Can you imagine how tactful it is? Not even explaining why you write this to customers…

Please share the experience and good luck in your travel endeavors!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank hongkong69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first