Best Western Executive Business Hotel
Cancelon
  • Pool
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslocation is greatold townthree nightsyogurtnice hoteltaxitraindeskmapsairportluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed here for 1 night in October whilst on business and didn’t get to the hotel until midnight after late IB flight to Bari.

I had no problems checking in with a pleasant guy on the front desk who spoke perfect English and explained what floor to find my room and where to go for breakfast in the morning.

The room was adequate with a plasma flat screen with Sky on the wall opposite the double bed.

The bathroom was nice and roomy with a nice shower.

On arriving for breakfast in the morning, I found the room was a little small and they perhaps may have a waiting line for when they are busy but the continental breakfast was how id imagined it.

There were newspaper / confectionary shops pretty much next door as well as a bank with a cash machine.

All in all, a brief but pleasant stay at this hotel which was a 20 minute drive from the Airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

After leaving Sorrento we decided to drive across country to Bari. As this was on the coast we assumed that it would be a holiday/beach resort even though we knew there was a port there.
It was quite a long drive so it was quite late in the afternoon before we arrived so decided to try and find a Hotel as soon as possible. We drove around for what seemed like hours up and down the coast road in both directions, but couldn't find any Hotels, although we did see signposts for a few. Eventually we went into the city and parked so that we could look around more. The only Hotel we saw looked extremely expensive so decided to give that a miss and got back in the car to either try again to find a Hotel or continue our journey until we came across somewhere we fancied staying.
I suddenly saw a sign for a Best Western so we stopped to check price/availabilty for the
night. We were in luck and after speaking to a very helpful and friendly receptionist we went to our room. Excellent room, excellent facilities, only drawback although not a problem was that it was an inside room so there wasn't a window.
Later that evening we went out for a meal and a walk around. The receptionist recommended a couple of restaurants to us, so we chose the first one on her list and had an excellent meal.
We decided to move on again the next day but would thoroughly recommend this Hotel as either a business Hotel or just a stopover as we did.

Room Tip: I would imagine that the front rooms would be better as they have windows onto the street, but may possibly be more noisy. I personally would say that all the rooms would probably be equally as good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie2209
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Stayed at the hotel on our way to catch a cruise in Bari, and on our return after the cruise. We arrived late by train and we opted to taxi to the hotel.
Hotel was well located for us to get to and from the Marine terminal, again by taxi due to luggae and quite comfortable.
The hotel had internet available for us to do a little catching up on emails after our cruise so that was a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was quite adequate and met our needs quite nicely. Coffe was good to as I recall.
As I said we arrive late by train and had not had supper, but luckily there was a neighbourhood restaurant accross the street, quite good too.

Room Tip: When catching a taxi from the train staion make sure you get one that is signed ie "Radio Cab" , we got one that was not and believe it was a fly by nighter so to speak, he eventually got us to the hotel but we were overchareged by $10 euro for sure.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We arrived late from Dubrovnik and were surprised to find the room hot and stuffy. We put the air con on & went straight out to dinner. We requested tea making equipment on the way out, later the room was still hot & stuffy and no tea making equipment had been put in the room. Breakfast was standard fare and our bags were looked after until we left. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and called us a taxi for the airport. (I do find it annoying that some hotels don't include wi fi in the price, usually the big chain hotels! )

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Judging from the fire escape map on the door of my room, this hotel has four rooms per floor. Two rooms face the very busy road, the other two only have one stained glas window onto an inner court yard. I had the latter type, and felt a bit locked up.

The air conditioning is not very strong but completely sufficient. It also makes some noise of flowing liquid when turned off. I requested, and got, another room because of that.

The room was very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly.

I was not very impressed with the city of Bari itself. The new part (between the railway station and Corso Vittorio Emanuele II) is not beautiful at all and businesses like shops are spread rather thinly.

The old part (from Corso Vittorio Emanuele II north) is pittoresque, I guess, but apart from Piazza del Ferrarese and Piazza Mercantile it hardly has any shops or restaurants. So most of the old part of Bari is pretty deserted, even by day.

Plenty of opportunity to walk by the waterfront along Lungomare Imperatore Augusto and Lungomare di Crollalanza, but without much atmosphere to speak of.

I saw very few tourists in Bari.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo