Hotel Orientale
  • Room Service
Hotel Colonna(Brindisi)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Residence Nemo(Brindisi)(Great Value!)
US$77
Tenuta Mazzetta(Brindisi)
US$90
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationnice hotelbreakfast buffetmain streetcooked foodhotel is locatedroom was cleanstayed for nightssingle roomshort walkwould stay here againtea and coffeeold townair conditioningpastriesbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was in Brindisi for training and picked this hotel out of several that the organizers had recommended, based on reviews I'd read on TripAdvisor.

The hotel is within walking distance from both the port and the train station. A 15-minute taxi ride from the airport costs about EUR 25, but if you don't mind walking for a few minutes, you can get a bus at the airport, pay EUR 1, get off at the train station, and walk no more than 10 minutes to the hotel (go past the piazza with a fountain shaped like an anchor, keep right, and just keep going on Corso Garibaldi till you see the hotel on your right). The bus trip does not take considerably longer than the taxi ride.

The street where the hotel is located is filled with shops (including a supermarket) and cafés. Most sites and other destinations are only a few minutes away on foot.

The rooms are newly renovated. My single room was compact, contained the basics (refrigerator, safe, closet, desk, television and fully functional air conditioner) and had a small window looking out to an external staircase (I doubt that the view for those in even-numbered rooms would be any better). I am petite and did not have problems with the shower, but someone of a larger build might feel cramped (the rest of the bathroom is more spacious).

Lifts can be quite busy between in the morning. Remember that you have to press two separate buttons for the two different lifts, and build in some extra time for either waiting for the lifts or taking the stairs.

Guests with a sweet tooth will love breakfast (I have never seen so many cakes being served at breakfast time).

The staff are friendly and helpful, especially those who serve breakfast.

I've stayed at four-star hotels in other parts of Italy and don't think that this hotel is equivalent to those other hotels. Having said that, I only paid EUR 75 per night, so I have no complaints.

Room Tip: Try your luck with an even-numbered room and see if you can get a better view than what I had.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hotelorientale, Direttore at Hotel Orientale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Orientale for your stay in Brindisi and for taking the time to share your lovely comments. We are happy to hear that you were very satisfied with our service and that our staff met your expectations. Please come visit us again next time you will be in Brindisi!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our driving tour of Italy's south. The rooms were typical European size, the wifi was fast, the breakfast included some hot foods like eggs, toast and chicken nuggets. The location was great for our stay with an indoor parking lot attached to our hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SLawther

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Orientale for your stay in Brindisi and for taking the time to share your lovely comments. We are happy to hear that you were very satisfied with the hotel and our service. . Please come visit us again next time you will be in Brindisi!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My client in Patras suggested this hotel from his own experiences there. Everything that you could need is provided at this well run hotel. Both airport and ferries are a five minute ride away. We used the free bicycles for exercise to and for dinner in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D D N
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel with the family. It is a standard and well-organized structure, convenient garage attached to the hotel with direct access to the reception.
Excellent value for money. The rooms are spotless and functional. The staff are highly professional, friendly and welcoming. The staff engaged in the breakfast room were on time, and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
hotelorientale, Direttore at Hotel Orientale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here in early November this year, a mix f business and leisure, and we had a wonderful time. The rooms are standard European size so we knew that it would not be as big as the rooms in the Middle East. That being said the room was fully functional and had all the necessities for our week. We had a small Juliet balcony looking out onto the main road but as it was mostly pedestrianised the noise was minimal and sleep was not disturbed. The bed was comfortable and there were no issues that we encountered with the room.

The breakfast was ample and a wide variety of dishes were on offer. We did not dine in the evenings as there were so many good restaurants available locally that we dined out each night.

Let me just finish off by saying that the staff here were the most helpful and could not do enough to satisfy all requests. My wife could not stop singing their praises every evening when we got together.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelorientale, Reception at Hotel Orientale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you to have chosen Hotel Orientale for your trip in Brindisi. Thanks for your wonderful words about your experience with us.
We loved to take care of our Guests, working hard every day to give top quality service and trying to make things better and better, our joy is closely tied to the positive experiences and the satisfaction of our Guests.
We are looking forward to your next visit!