“Fine restaurant”

Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Argentinian, Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Long Island Restaurant is spread in a building of 1600. It offers a menu of traditional dishes made with typical local products and Argentine meat of excellent quality. OPEN TO DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had already been here and confirm with pakeasure my positive opinion on this place. I am here now tasting a delicious cake and a perfect margarita, in a pleasant atmosphere, whit nice and gentle personnel. People crossing Foggia should step by here, I live in Belgium and every time I come back in town it is a pleasure tasting italian fine wines, typical pastas and juicy meat.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Dear travellers my name is Mariluz if you past by Foggia you must made an stop here!it is a very cosy place owned from a lovely couple Claudia which is a master piece of traditional pugliese food and Diego who is a great host with an amazing wine knowledge . Things you should try : paccheri ,tagliata di manzo Argentino, and any of the home made dessert.
I often go to Foggia because my boyfriend ( profile)comes from there and every time I can't wait to The LongIsland ..... Because believe me ....... Is alway a pleasure
Mariluz

Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Not a "light" meal but a tasty one! Pasta dish (local speciality Orecchiette with funghi porcini & sausage) was made with fresh ingredients, tossed in a pan and served with abundant cheese gratings, a "rich" start to a pleasant meal - good we were sharing as portions were generous :-) Both beef dishes were succulent and perfectly cooked. Good quality meat - large portions, make sure you don't eat lunch! The guy who served us was very cordial - perhaps trying too hard to please? He very kindly let us try house wine and then local bottle (Salice Salentino), the latter fruity and went well with our steaks! He also served us some fantastic pickled artichokes for starters (on the house) Thanks! No need to try so hard to please, all clients will enjoy your cuisine. I'd suggest re-doing the menu. No point in mixing pub food with restaurant, would be worth printing seperately a real food restaurant that doesn't include snacks and getting rid of the horrid plastic feel. Cloth napkins would add that special touch! Music a little too loud but nice choice. Overall, tasty, reasonable and kind staff working with passion. Small touches could make this 5 all round!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I ate meat outdated and it was really great meat tender and juicy,
Great service and very accommodating
I also dessert, a type of chocolate cake and it was really paradise
Highly recommended in getting this guy
He knows how to make meat like a book

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Sono di New Jeresy e te lo scrivo in Americano. This place was as good as advertised. Setting was warm and inviting. Service was attentive and the waiter was had an enjoyable personality. Easy going and informative. It's located in the Centro Storico of Foggia down a cobblestoned alley. Not that easy to finf, but well worth it. I had the BOCCONCINI DI SPECK E MOZZARELLA, so tasty!!!! It had me wanting more. A must have! The other dish was the ORECCHIETTE CON SALSICCIA E PORCINI. Delicious!!!! The last item was the Torta Nera. Simply heaven. Chocolate cake with nutella drizzled on top. A great experience.

LongIslandRestaurant, Direttore generale at Long Island Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear jerry08826,
We are honored his Positive Rating, as well as the good things we did on the course, partly because his is the first review that comes to us from the United States of America.
We are flattered by his appreciation facts bites, pasta and sweet dishes because they are fully prepared and designed by us. We do our job with love and professionalism, do our best to make dinner time a "special moment", and hear a customer like you, who once returned overseas takes the trouble to tell his experience, confirms Give her that we were able to "special moment" we wanted.
If returned to Italy please visit us again and above all tell us that she is the user jerry08826 ... We have so many delicious recipes to try them!
goodbye!
see you later in soon!

...ITALIAN:
Gentilissimo jerry08826,
Siamo onorati del suo Giudizio positivo, oltre che per i complimenti che ci ha fatto sulle portate, anche perché, la sua, è la prima recensione che ci arriva dagli Stati Uniti D’America.
Siamo lusingati dai suoi apprezzamenti fatti sui Bocconcini, sulla pasta e sul dolce perché sono piatti interamente preparati e ideati da noi. Facciamo il nostro lavoro con tanto amore e professionalità, ce la mettiamo tutta per rendere il momento della cena un “momento speciale”, e sentire un cliente come lei che una volta rientrato oltre oceano si prende la briga di raccontare la sua esperienza, ci conferma che siamo riusciti a regalale quel “momento speciale” che volevamo.
Se ritornasse in Italia la invitiamo a venirci a trovare nuovamente e soprattutto a segnalarci che lei è l’utente jerry08826… Abbiamo tante gustosissime ricette da farle provare!!!
goodbye!!