“Very nice place !”

Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Argentinian, Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Long Island Restaurant is spread in a building of 1600. It offers a menu of traditional dishes made with typical local products and Argentine meat of excellent quality. OPEN TO DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The appetizer was okay, the meat was excellent and the beef was cooked to perfection. The cake was supreme and try the black cake... I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had already been here and confirm with pakeasure my positive opinion on this place. I am here now tasting a delicious cake and a perfect margarita, in a pleasant atmosphere, whit nice and gentle personnel. People crossing Foggia should step by here, I live in Belgium and every time I come back in town it is a pleasure tasting italian fine wines, typical pastas and juicy meat.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Dear travellers my name is Mariluz if you past by Foggia you must made an stop here!it is a very cosy place owned from a lovely couple Claudia which is a master piece of traditional pugliese food and Diego who is a great host with an amazing wine knowledge . Things you should try : paccheri ,tagliata di manzo Argentino, and any of the home made dessert.
I often go to Foggia because my boyfriend ( profile)comes from there and every time I can't wait to The LongIsland ..... Because believe me ....... Is alway a pleasure
Mariluz

Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Not a "light" meal but a tasty one! Pasta dish (local speciality Orecchiette with funghi porcini & sausage) was made with fresh ingredients, tossed in a pan and served with abundant cheese gratings, a "rich" start to a pleasant meal - good we were sharing as portions were generous :-) Both beef dishes were succulent and perfectly cooked. Good quality meat - large portions, make sure you don't eat lunch! The guy who served us was very cordial - perhaps trying too hard to please? He very kindly let us try house wine and then local bottle (Salice Salentino), the latter fruity and went well with our steaks! He also served us some fantastic pickled artichokes for starters (on the house) Thanks! No need to try so hard to please, all clients will enjoy your cuisine. I'd suggest re-doing the menu. No point in mixing pub food with restaurant, would be worth printing seperately a real food restaurant that doesn't include snacks and getting rid of the horrid plastic feel. Cloth napkins would add that special touch! Music a little too loud but nice choice. Overall, tasty, reasonable and kind staff working with passion. Small touches could make this 5 all round!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I ate meat outdated and it was really great meat tender and juicy,
Great service and very accommodating
I also dessert, a type of chocolate cake and it was really paradise
Highly recommended in getting this guy
He knows how to make meat like a book