“Average for a Mercure”

Mercure Delfino Taranto
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Taranto
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Pretty average for this brand. Staff were friendly and efficient but room small and dated. No coffee makings, variable electrics and lights and poor water pressure. Small bar shuts early; quite surprised if you want a drink after 9pm. Location is fine but non sea view rooms suffer traffic noise. Mercure should be better than this.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Delfinotaranto, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mercure Delfino Taranto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by responding to our survey.

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

We would like to reassure you we have already put in place the necessary measures to guarantee that the standard meets your expectations. We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Delfino Taranto

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Looking back at the entire experience, I was not overly impressed with the hotel from an American business hotel perspective. I stayed there for two weeks and I would rate it as an average stay at best. The most impressive part of my stay was the professionalism and courtesy of the staff. They were very informative and helpful as we were in a large group and had many questions having never visited the town of Taranto. But there were many negatives we experienced during our stay.

The bedroom was clean and spacious. I had a privileged room so I guess it had a bit more room and a espresso machine that I never used. I had a room with an ocean view which was nice, but the balcony was very small so it did not allow for lounging at sunset or in the evenings. The bed was very firm and irritated my back during my stay, not what I would expect from a high end hotel. The bathroom had more than enough room, electric outlets, and the shower was equipped with a shower head on a hose. I never had a problem with towel, bathroom toiletries or Kleenex. The dresser/table was cramped but I managed to use it as a work space. The TV did not have CNN, BBC or any other news in English, or any of the movie channels in English. The Internet was virtually non-existent. I could get a signal from the wireless router, but the speed of the Internet was very, very sub-standard. I could not run video on Skype, stream any news or download large files. While in the lobby, the wireless system worked better, but still had a very slow speed.

I asked the front desk if they knew of a place in town to wash clothes, and the lady at the front desk told me that no coin laundry facilities existed in Taranto. I found two on my own. Do & Do Fast Wash located on Via Viscardi was an excellent place to wash clothes, a huge load went for only 13 Euros (wash and dry) and you do not need to bring any laundry soap as the machines have an auto-inject system. Just a block away from this place, I found another coin laundry that you did need to provide your own soap.

The hotel restaurant and bar was very pricey. We ate out on the town. If you do not mind walking, you could visit a wide range of places to eat; some just across the street, and up to a 25 min walk towards the old city. There is a pedestrian street nearby that offers a lot of restaurants and bars that is a fun place to visit to people watch.

There were no ice machines, laundry machines, gym facilities and the parking lot was very cramped, but free.

I guess if you were going to stay in Taranto for a night or two, it would not be a bad place to visit because the hotel itself is pretty with a great view of the harbor. But for an extended business stay, it was very unsatisfactory. Four members of our group stayed at the Tursport Hotel just South of the city in San Vito and they said the hotel had excellent internet coverage and a great gym/spa facilities. I will stay there next time I visit the city.

Room Tip: Get a room up high to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Delfinotaranto, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Mercure Delfino Taranto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Perfect for overnight, clean, nice size room, good shower and air conditioning. Pool didnt look that inviting but only because its in the car park! Sea view room worth the extra few euro....Fabulous view over the bay with all the sea/port traffic. Staff pleasant and helpful. Bit outside the town but fantastic restaurant close by with lovely promenade opposite. Secure parking.Terrace lovely too for a pre dinner drink but little atmosphere.

Room Tip: Book sea view room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Hotel is nicely located by the see. You will need about 20 minutes walk from the hotel to the new and old town center. Parking place is watched and fenced.
Breakfast is solid however not very special. Rooms are nice but slightly neglected. No foreign TV stations, balcony, spacious bathroom. I guess the room with view on the Mediterranean sea could be much more pleasant than mine - facing the main street.
On and on - the hotel is rather average if not below par. I appreciate nice staff.

Room Tip: Take a room with sea view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2013

So we thought booking a Mercure we should get some level of standard for the brand, this was not really the case. The hotel was on the sea, but the pool looked awful...it was off season but was still a turn off.

The room was only ok, I was expecting upgraded beds that I get when I stay at Mercure's in Paris...these beds were not even close. Room was hot, and we were on the street side and it was so noisy we could not leave the window open. And, the air was not on since it was April.

Only pluses were a fridge and good breakfast which was included...I am glad it was only one night.

Room Tip: Try and get one on the sea side as the street is really loud...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Delfinotaranto, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mercure Delfino Taranto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Avoid if possible! We stayed one night after a long day of travel. The front desk clerk was barely functioning, the room was below average, and the street noise was horrific. Overall, the staff was totally uninspired and our stay was not good. We ate dinner at the hotel and it was another bad experience. The restaurant was serving some sort of private function and the children were running amock. The noise level was incredible!

Room Tip: Avoid The Front Of The Hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Ibis hotels.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 15 April 2013

A terrific small hotel offering great overnight business acommodation. Arriving early evening I enjoyed a excellent meal with friendly and attentive waiters, although the very clean restaurant itself lacks a little character.

If you are staying here I would urge that you sleep on the seaside as the streetside has nothing to recommend it, overlooking quite a busy arterial street.

In summary perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com