“Discover Sardo culinary experience”
Review of Trattoria Cavour

Trattoria Cavour
Reserve with
Trattoria Cavour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 365 Restaurants in Alghero
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Non freghiamo la gente
San Jose
“Discover Sardo culinary experience”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Ask the chef to serve you with a local tour of sardo food. Just tell me what you don't like.
If you are more fish or meat and even vegetarian. Ask for the house wine.
Food is home made. you need to take the full course.

• Visited August 2013

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Alghero's Greatest Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Tucked away near the seaside end of the quiet Via Cavour, Trattoria Cavour is well worth the search. Owners Pepe and Lydia are energetic and proud of the this little gem of a restaurant -- and rightfully so! The menu is full of traditional Sandinian options, to include several three or four course set menus which my wife and I tried over the course of our week in Alghero. Pepe's place soon became our default and greatly-desired destination for dinner. Any time we ate away from Pepe's place, we were disappointed. Not only is the food high-qualiy, but also artfully prepared. Pepe is the chef and makes the rounds with his guests to chat. In these chat sessions we learned that Pepe's family makes the wonderfully robust house red wine and that the delicious pecorino and assorted hams in the Sardianian platter all come from Pepe's home town in Sardinia. The portions are generous and so are Pepe and Lydia. After dinner, Lydia put bottles of Mirto and Pepe's home-made grappa and lemoncello on the table and said "enjoy." After several visits, my wife and I became fast friends with Pepe and Lydia. One night, my wife and I were the last customers before closing and were pleasantly surprised to hear it was Pepe's birthday and we all celebrated together with a glass of Pepe's own home-made wine. These are friendly, generous people running a fantastic little trattoria. I can't say enough about the warm fuzzy my wife and I got every time we returned to this place. It felt like visiting family. My advice: find this place, take a seat, and strike up a conversation with Pepe or Lydia. You'll get a great meal along with some Sardinian culinary tidbits and lots of wonderful memories.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lucia E
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“The best place to eat in the historic centre of Alghero”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were in Alghero for three weeks and out of all the restaurants we tried this was definitely the best. We finally went there several times during the last week, including for diner on our last night in Alghero. The food is fresh and very tasty, the menu contains home made pasta types, the wine is good and the staff is very friendly. If you are there these days, try the funghi porcini pasta or risotto - they're excellent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank claula
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good place to taste Sardinia!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Service is amazing, so friendly and caring - we'll never forget it. Food is delicious! Next vacations in Alghego my friends and me start in this restaurant!
Trattoria provides fish and meat menus (meat one includes famous porcetto). Dinner with wine (to be honest - really much wine) for 4 cost around 200 euros. Good value for money!

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly service and amazing food. We ordered the fish banquet & the lobster banquet and they were both exceptional. The lobster linguine can be ordered on its own if you prefer to avoid the banquets & it was cooked to perfection!!
Very tempted to go back again tomorrow!!

• Visited September 2013