“Great experience ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I have been there few times during my staying in Alghero. We loved the way how the chef Giuseppe comes out and talk with customers and recommend them what they should order (based on fresh ingredients every day). He also eventually will seat with you and spend on you homemade grappas or limoncello.

Very high quality for a reasonable price.
Must try!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Pepe is the owner and cook! A great person and a charming character; his wife Lydia is waiting the tables and is so nice and silently present. We had good food and a nice bottle of wine. This is one of the better restaurants in Alghero if you want a nice meal with good food and no-nonsense atmosphere.

1  Thank wim n
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Ask the chef to serve you with a local tour of sardo food. Just tell me what you don't like.
If you are more fish or meat and even vegetarian. Ask for the house wine.
Food is home made. you need to take the full course.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Tucked away near the seaside end of the quiet Via Cavour, Trattoria Cavour is well worth the search. Owners Pepe and Lydia are energetic and proud of the this little gem of a restaurant -- and rightfully so! The menu is full of traditional Sandinian options, to include several three or four course set menus which my wife and I tried over the course of our week in Alghero. Pepe's place soon became our default and greatly-desired destination for dinner. Any time we ate away from Pepe's place, we were disappointed. Not only is the food high-qualiy, but also artfully prepared. Pepe is the chef and makes the rounds with his guests to chat. In these chat sessions we learned that Pepe's family makes the wonderfully robust house red wine and that the delicious pecorino and assorted hams in the Sardianian platter all come from Pepe's home town in Sardinia. The portions are generous and so are Pepe and Lydia. After dinner, Lydia put bottles of Mirto and Pepe's home-made grappa and lemoncello on the table and said "enjoy." After several visits, my wife and I became fast friends with Pepe and Lydia. One night, my wife and I were the last customers before closing and were pleasantly surprised to hear it was Pepe's birthday and we all celebrated together with a glass of Pepe's own home-made wine. These are friendly, generous people running a fantastic little trattoria. I can't say enough about the warm fuzzy my wife and I got every time we returned to this place. It felt like visiting family. My advice: find this place, take a seat, and strike up a conversation with Pepe or Lydia. You'll get a great meal along with some Sardinian culinary tidbits and lots of wonderful memories.

2  Thank Lucia E
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were in Alghero for three weeks and out of all the restaurants we tried this was definitely the best. We finally went there several times during the last week, including for diner on our last night in Alghero. The food is fresh and very tasty, the menu contains home made pasta types, the wine is good and the staff is very friendly. If you are there these days, try the funghi porcini pasta or risotto - they're excellent.

1  Thank claula