“I would not recommend this apartment to my worst enemy”
Review of KaRol Casa Vacanze

KaRol Casa Vacanze
Ranked #82 of 265 Alghero B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“I would not recommend this apartment to my worst enemy”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I arrived at apt at 1.30 pm. after travelling for seven hours.The reception does not open til 4.pm.After waiting 2 hours in 38 degrees in a drab hallway I went to the second floor and saw an apt with the doors open- I knocked on the door as I saw the cleaning lady was there.

I thought she may have a letter for me letting me know which apt was mine I left my cases down to speak to cleaning lady -the door closed which meant the cases were locked in.I requested the lady to open door so I could get my cases out.She had no English and had no information about my apt.

I then waited until reception opened at 4.pm.I told the Receptionist I was waiting 2.5hours and had gone to speak to cleaning lady on 2nd floor. She started shouting at me about entering the apt.She screamed had" I touched, taken anything or toileted in the apt."The abusive, mad rant continued towards me and the cleaning lady.I requested her to "please stop" I assured her nothing in the apt was touched by me. At this stage, she became very irate and demanded a "big apology, not a small one, but big" from me.The " lady" continued to rant. I did not feel safe staying here so I requested her to cancel the booking with the agent.

The agent was contacted- he then got another rant. The agent assured me I could leave and would not be charged. He apologized for my upset.I made a very happy swift exit.I found a very nice apt which £200 cheaper. I had a lovely holiday in another apartment nearby.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank geraldine1956

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oslo
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The apartment has no livingroom, only a kitchen with a tv, and it feels like a hallway. The balcony was very dirty (but very big, I have to say) and we had no interesting view despite 4. floor.

Notice that you will have to pay extra for everything. Parking? Extra cost. Wifi? Extra cost. Use the air-condition? Extra cost. Use the oven? Extra cost.

If you're going to Alghero, try to book a hotel in the historic centre. Karol is 20 minutes walk away, and the area is not charming at all.

But if 5 minutes walk to the beach is the only thing that matters, I guess it is OK.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank OsloArne

Travellers are raving about these Alghero hotels

Prague
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Excelent location. Beach is nearby, so is supermarket and a couple of good restraurants. Alghero historic center is about 20 minutes of pleasant walk via the beach promenade. Appartments are modern, nice and spacious.

Beware of limited check in and check out hours. Kitchinettes do not have dishwashers and microwaves. Some dishes were not very clean upon arrival. The head receptionist is a bit bossy, however, speaks good English.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pivko
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We were there 2 adults and 3 children at the end of May for 3 nights and have enjoyed our stay there.

The friendly receptionist was kind enough to make sure that we had a toilet roll and some soap knowing that we would arrive late at night. Otherwise the supermarket is just a few metres away and is open every day including Sunday morning.

You could pay for parking in the residence, but we've had no problem finding free parking in the streets (for our rented car). Just do not leave anything in your car.

There is a lift in the building and the kitchen and dining area is well-equipped, including a good-sized fridge and freezer. You can dry your wet clothes out in the terrace and also eat there (though with a view only of the other buildings). Air-conditioning, TV and use of the oven will incur additional charges - fair enough for those who do not need them.

The flat is clean, lovely and the beds comfortable with more than enough wardrobe space. My kids loved it there. The only thing missing was a pool - but if you do not go in the summer months you wouldn't need one anyway. I couldn't sleep properly at the beginning because of the sounds coming from the streets, but soon got used to it. If you need coffee, there is a bar just opposite the building.

The flat is very near the beach - one of the best we've been to in Alghero itself (but of course it's not comparable to Pelosa). It's between the airport (just 10 minutes by car) and the old city (another 10 minutes).

I would recommend it especially to families with children.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family