From start to finish our stay at Il Sogno di Alghero was unbeatable.
I travelled to Sardinia with two friends and we stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment (+ sofabed). The apartment was really spacious and clean, with an abundance of lovely mirrors with what looked like handmade frames lining the walls. Alessandro and Monica are seriously fantastic hosts - we arrived to a freshly prepared cake (delicious) a fridge stocked with milk, juice and a large bottle of water, some croissants and tea/coffee. One night Monica popped along to where we were sitting in the garden to give us a generous plate of freshly baked bread rolls. We were utterly spoilt.
Alessandro is an incredibly warm and friendly character. He is super approachable and eager to tell you lots about the island - but gives you plenty of space, as it should be. Monica and Alessandro live in the building (which if I remember correctly has 9 apartments or so) and were always around if we needed them. We took two of Alessandro's recommendations - a sunset aperitif at Hotel Catalunya and a sunset drink at an old dairy farm in the hills a short drive away. Both were essential in making our trip the fantastic three days that it was - we're very grateful.
The pool was pretty cold when I had a dip (it hadn't been very warm the day before) but is a decent size and depth (with a rather entertaining shape...)
I'll be back one summer for sure.
Things to note:
* Alessandro and Monica have four gorgeous little dogs. They're incredibly friendly and sweet.
* There is a supermarket 5mins drive away
* The lane where you find Il Sogno di Alghero is rather dusty and potholed - drive carefully!
* there's plenty of parking space so don't panic - there'll be space for you!
* There's a huge bbq - we didn't get a chance to use it, but buy firelighters and don't miss out like we did!
Thank you Alessandro and Monica for an AMAZING time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For those who love being in touch with nature along the seaside, while relaxing or being entertained with one or several activities, our BED & BREAKFAST " IL SOGNO DI ALGHERO "(Alghero's Dream) is your ideal place. Our B&B is located within an olive tree plantatio, on top of a hill, just outside the town of Alghero. A small creek separates our property from the marvellous and typical Mediterranean vegetation of which you will have an impressive view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Il Sogno di Alghero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Sogno Di Alghero Sardinia