“A taste of home - microwaved ready meals!”
Review of L'Acquolina

L'Acquolina
Ranked #257 of 379 Restaurants in Alghero
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Crunchy on the outside, cold in the middle, welcome to the most disappointing Italian meal I've ever had. First off, the slightly positive points. The atmosphere was cosy and typically Italian... rushed and slightly chaotic but I like it! The waitress, whilst busy, was perfectly polite and attentive.

Now on to the food. Spinach and Ricotta Canneloni and a Tomato and Basil Ravioli. The clear goo that was oozing from the plate immediately gave the game away - fresh from the microwave. It was perfectly edible, whilst being nuclear hot, but was on par with a Tesco ready meal. Salad was plentiful, but clearly just emptied from a salad bag. Not the quality or portion size I was expecting for €9 each.

So for €32.50, I got two ready meals, one bowl of prepared salad, a beer, can of Coke Zero, €4 of cover charge and an overwhelming sense of disappointment. Avoid like the plague unless you like the taste of microwave food!

4  Thank labmonkey

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We went to this restaurant in this middle of September during our visit to Alghero, what can i say ....
It was a cold evening so we ate inside, it was jammed tight with people (you can't blame the restaurant for trying to fit people in) we could hear the conversations of those all around us and in addition we also witnessed the altercations between a certain staff member and customers.

She was not wearing a waiting uniform so i'm going to make the assumption that she is the boss/manager. I have actually never witnessed or experienced such rudeness from staff in a restaurant anywhere else. We had pizza (cooked fresh but a bit too crispy and not easily cut or chewed) Lasagne and Tiramasu, it was only at the end of the meal i discovered that the Lasagne and Tiramasu were frozen !!! I asked why the Tiramasu was frozen in the middle and was promptly shown the menu again with a tiny * beside the frozen items and a note at the bottom of the menu in small writing indicating the frozen items.

It was the most expensive meal we had in Alghero and was the worst, really got the feeling that they just want your money and will shovel you out any old muck,

Very disappointed.

3  Thank Rdohdel
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We have just had dinner at this place and I feel that I have to write this ASAP to warn others from having a bad experience...none of the pastas are freshly cooked at this place and are frozen and simply microwaved. HELLO!!!! We are supposed to be in Italy here after all!!! We had 10 times better Italian food in places such like Cambodia or the Caribbean....what a shame! The pizza is mediocre at best too, so no need to bother with that one either.

3  Thank traveller20102
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Nice location on square in the historical center, very good pizza (value for money) and acceptable home wine. Service was quite quick (compared to Italian average).

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Having eaten in this restaurant four times in the past week (twice alone, twice with company), I think it would be fair to say I loved it!

The food was wonderful, either day or night, indoors or outdoors. No pretence, just simple, tasty, good quality, rustic, Italian food.

Great, central location, with a waiter (identicle to Tony Bennett) who initially seemed a little bad tempered but ended up being a friendly, kind, old man.

Good value and certainly a restaurant I would highly recommend.

Enjoy!