My husband have recently returned from a week's holiday at this beautiful hotel. This was our first visit to Sardinia and we were not disappointed. The hotel is situated a 5 minute walk from the picturesque town of Alghero which is full of character and lovely bars and restaurants.
The hotel sits on a peninsular set in beautiful grounds and boasts spectacular views of the ocean. It is accessed via security controlled gates which ensure it is secluded and peaceful. There is a lovely outside pool with plenty of sunbeds, parasols and clean towels. We chose to have breakfast on the balcony each morning and we dined in the hotel on 2 evenings; both the breakfasts and evening meals were delicious. Our room was on the second floor with panoramic views of the sea. The bed was huge and comfortable and the only sound to be heard was the waves lapping against the rocks. There is a lovely spa in the grounds which we visited twice and and on both occasions were the only people there.
This is a lovely hotel which I would particularly recommend to couples looking for a secluded special break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Tronas is the delightful 5-star hotel that has become the symbol of Alghero - “the Golden Door to tourism in Sardinia” - situated on the Riviera del Corallo on the north-west coast of the Island. The hotel rises from the sea-shore with its Spa, nestled in the greenery of nearly two hectares of park that separate it from the Alghero waterfront, on a headland surrounded on three sides by the crystal-clear water of the bay. Numerous quays invite you to sunbathe and swim in the most comfortable, private way. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere so intense and romantic as to steal the hearts of Italian Royalty, who chose the Villa up to the nineteen-forties for their holidays in Sardinia. The bar and panoramic restaurant are the ideal place to relax, while your gaze takes in the Bay of Alghero and rediscovers the timeless luxuriousness inherent in the unique features and character of the villa. The Hotel and the Spa – with its covered sea-water swimming-pool (also looking out over the Mediterranean), sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp walkway, gym and the beauty area – are open all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel And Spa
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel Alghero
- Hotel Las Tronas
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa Alghero, Sardinia