1,194 results
All reviews star hotel free soft drinks sea view mini bar executive room pool area old town lovely hotel bottle of champagne plenty of sunbeds pool attendant reception staff breakfast was excellent salt water pool towels large balcony half board
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit Alghero and I was recommended to this hotel by colleagues. I took their advice, and I am pleased to say that I was impressed. Every aspect of a 5-star experience was met.

I arrived late due to a delayed flight,but was upgraded to a sea view room, room 236. All of the expected amenities were present, and the soft drinks and water was included without extra charges. The breakfast was also tremendous, consistent with the quality of the hotel. The grounds were manicured and the pool meticulous. A large workout room was present, and spa entrance was €25.

I parked the car at a lot on the grounds. The front desk personnel were consummate professionals. They even assisted me with printing a plane ticket.

I look forward to returning once again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Eurotraveler110
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

This is a gorgeous hotel. The lobby, pool, bar and restaurant are beautiful. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is outstanding (although the coffee was not very good). The staff was very professional. I wish we had stayed longer.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoonerSteve
Hotel Carlos V R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Carlos V Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear Guest,

wow! we are thrilled to read your review!!

We are so proud that you enjoyed so much your stay at the Hotel Carlos V & SPA.

This is the best reward.

We hope to welcoming you in a near future as our special guest.

Best regards from all the Hotel's Staff

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Carlos V Hotel is a lovely but something is missing. Lovely bar with a view but lacking atmosphere, no comfortable seating and no entertainment. Consequently the bar was almost always empty. No waiter service at the bar or pool. Upgraded to an Executive room with a sea view which was lovely and very spacious. The hotel and room was spotlessly clean. Amazing reception area.

We were half board but the food was definitely not 5* standard. Main course served with no vegetables and there was no salad bar. I had seafood risotto one night which was just rice filled with empty prawn shells - awful. If you are half board you have a different menu for diners paying which was very off putting especially when you could see how their meals were off a lot higher quality. Breakfast buffet was good and there was a good selection.

I am not sure if the spa gives it the extra * but we didn't go there as it was extra and we had already paid a considerable amount (including room upgrade).

Had a lovely holiday but could have been better.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindyL0049
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We stayed here beginning of October and unfortunately the weather was really awful. However with the hotel being a 10 minute walk to the old town with its many wonderful restaurants, we made the best of it.
This is not 5 star by English standards but Italy is different we found out as are other European countries. This is a huge hotel which has been bulilt to accommodate huge conferences and meetings. The huge breakfast room alone tells you this. This is the first hotel where I have had to get my own tea and coffee and negotiate with the hot tea between the tables and hope nobody bumps into you. This is dangerous especially when children are around and not 5 star. Anyway breakfast is ok and plentiful and caters for all European taste as you would expect.
On check in we asked for a different room as the one we were shown was very tired and the furniture scratched and scuffed. This was not a problem for them and we got a nice room with pool and sea view. No tea or coffee facilities in the room!!! so I already found that out from Trip Advisor so we took our own kettle etc. Again not 5 star. Once again TV was awful for Brits. We have just been to France and had a tv with loads of English channels so it can be done and when the weather is awful, as it was, there is absolutely nothing to do in this hotel. No games room, no indoor swimming pool, no nice lounge bar to relax in, nothing. The swimming pool is not heated. Too cold for children to swim in as we saw from other families.
The staff were very good. Nothing was too much trouble. Anything you needed was sorted nearly immediately. Cleanliness was exceptional. Even the lifeguard kept the pool and surrounding area in pristine condition.
This hotel is closing beginning of November for 6 months for refurbishment so Trip Advisor comments may be helpful for management.

Room tip: 4th floor pool overlooking pool but with sea view also
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank greeneyes0
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent two weeks in early September in this hotel.
Beautiful location, excellent sea views and pleasant walk into town. Many excellent restaurants on the walk too.
Restaurant in the hotel is superb. Food of the highest quality.
Staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful and are undoubtedly the best resource the hotel has.
We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Alghero area.

Date of stay: September 2018