I was slightly nervous about booking this hotel due to the location and room decor, as I usually prefer a more modern style. However we decided to upgrade to the superior room and took the plunge to book. Here's a brief summary of our thoughts...
- the beach... it's as beautiful as it looks in the photos. The strip of sand wasn't as narrow as we had thought which was a pleasant surprise. The beach was perfectly clean and had some of the clearest waters that I've ever seen (I'm comparing it to those of Florida, Bahamas, Hawaii). It's also really useful that you can select and reserve your beach chairs and table as soon as you arrive, and you're then safe in the knowledge that your chosen spot will be free for you at any time during your stay. Towels are also included.
- the pool was clean and had great views of the coast
- the bar staff were lovely and paid the right level of attention to their customers
- breakfast had a huge choice and everything that we sampled was delicious. The breakfast room also has amazing views
- choice of beach activities/watersports... plenty to choose from and reasonably priced
- the room wasn't as comfortable as we would like but it is typical of European hotels
- the location... the hotel is pretty much out in the sticks and it cost us between 22 and 26 euros each way, which can really mount up if you go out during the day and night. We did use the shuttle bus a few times but found the timings to be really unreliable, and in the extreme heat it was pretty uncomfortable
- room upgrade... we had paid around 300 euros to upgrade our room to a superior room, and found that on arrival they were giving free upgrades to other couples. We had then asked if ours could be reduced in price given that the hotel was quiet and they were clearly giving the same rooms to others at a much cheaper rate. However they charged us the full rate regardless which was a little disappointing.
The town itself is quite sleepy, but it's also really beautiful with plenty of bars and restaurants. There wasn't too much to do during the day but that was fine as we wanted a relaxing holiday. All in all we had an amazing holiday and would definitely return for the beach alone if we were planning a short stay. If however we were planning on staying more than 4 nights we would probably consider a more central location to save money in the long run on travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel dei Pini rises in a reserved area in the north west of sardinia and is set between a private beach of fine white sand and a 30,000 square metre wood. Our hospitality is available in 94 rooms (double, triple and quadruple), 1 junior suite and 4 suite.. Lunch and dinner are served in our panoramic restaurant and breakfast buffet is served in the breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel dei Pini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dei Pini Alghero
- Hotel Dei Pini Sardinia
- Dei Pini Hotel
- Hotel Dei Pini Alghero, Sardinia