“Bad first impressions”

Osteria Barcellonetta
Ranked #27 of 347 Restaurants in Alghero
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Oslo, Norway
“Bad first impressions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This looked like a nice place, so we went here for dinner. The first bad impression was that my boyfriends wine glass was dirty, and there were something floating in the wine. We told the waiter, she took the glass, picked up whatever it was with a spoon and poured the rest of the wine in a new glass. My boyfriend is not as picky as I am, and was okay with it. If it was me I would have appriciatet if they offered me a new glass of wine.
My boyfriend had the swordfish, and thought it was quite good. I ordered pasta with olives and broccoli, and asked the waiter if I could have it without clams becouse of seafood allergy. (I'm vegetarian, but sometimes it is easier to say allergy to get the food right). That was not a problem. I asked if it was possible to get some extra vegetables instead, but that wasn't possible for some reason.
When I got the food it smelled terrible, and very much like seafood. I tried to taste it, the olives were extremly salty, and the broccoli overcooked. It tasted awful. I was sure there was seafood in there also, and asked another waiter. She came back after a few minutes and told me it was fish sauce in the dish, but no seafood. As I told them I was allergic I think it is stranged noone asked if it was okey with fish. This waiter was very friendly, and I got a new dish with pasta and tomatosauce without extra cost. Yet, I wouldn't go back here to eat.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Pippisin
osteriabarcellonetta, Proprietario at Osteria Barcellonetta, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Her boy-friend said he was allergic to clams not at all the fish.
I'm sorry but the error Is not been our.
Roberto

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and I am pleased to say it lived up to expectations. Food was superb; we had a huge plate of mixed Sardinian salamis and cheese to start, which was delicious, followed by some pasta dishes and fish with vegetables. All the food was gorgeous, my children scoffed their's and gave it the big thumbs up, which was great. A meal for 4, including drinks (bottle of wine and some softies) was €75 which was worth every cent, as this is quality local food and friendly service. Get there early to avoid a wait!

1 Thank Nearly6
Dublin, Ireland
“Very tasty local cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Got here at 7 pm to avoid the queues. Menu much the same as in other nearby restaurants but using good quality ingredients, well executed. Lasagna with a local twist was particularly good. Cost for 2 courses for two with one dessert, one bottle of wine and one bottle of sparkling water was €70. Tasty food and a good example of local cuisine. There was a long queue for tables when we were leaving so this place is popular with local and visitors.

1 Thank CorkyDub
Rome, Italy
“This place is awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

As my title indicates, this is one of the nicest restaurants I have been to ever! The service is really sweet and helpful, the place is not cramped full of tables - though there is always someone waiting but it's worth any wait!!! The food just tastes amazing and is really fresh with generous portions for very good prices - the best priced place so far here in Alghero where you unfortunately can find plenty of tourist traps
If you come here you MUST try the Zuppetta calda di mare (or something like that) it's just great!!!
❤❤❤

2 Thank MarcAroma
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent lunch with unusual menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a lovely little trattoria on a quiet street with a few other restaurants. We had lunch here and we would have come back if we had more time. The menu was lovely and a little different from other places. There was nothing on the menu that I would have ordered for the kids as there was a lot of seafood and the manager was more than happy to cook them homemade pasta in a tomato sauce, which they loved. I had a delicious ravioli with spinach and ricotta. My husband had an excellent tuna steak. All in all a friendly, relaxed place with great food, good value.

Visited July 2014