“not as bad as the reviews suggest”
Review of Hotel Continental

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hotel Continental
Ranked #45 of 49 Hotels in Alghero
A TripAdvisor Member
“not as bad as the reviews suggest”
Reviewed 18 August 2005

OK lets be honest its not exactly paradise, but its cheap compared to other hotels in Alghero and its available. It may be old and give you the feeling of university Halls of residence but it does the job. Breakfast was good especially the croissants and the location could not be faulted, it just needs abit of a facelift.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 June 2005

I booked this hotel through my trusted travel agent (Hotel Reservation Services, Germany) and without a single doubt this was the worst mistake ever. Our friends in HRS are soon getting a fully detailed complaint letter! I broke my holidays & checked out in less than 12 hours. The hotel is extremely old, terribly furnished with very cheap and minimal furniture. What they called breakfast was a quick trip to any grocery store with just 2-3 items.

I really can not believe in Italy they give 3 stars to such a ruined hotel, such a big shame for Alghero's tourism authorities!!!!

I paid EUR 90 per night but I cannot recommend anyone stay there even for EUR 10!!! Get a B&B, at least it won't smell bad!!! By the way, after checked out it turned out most locals and even the tourism office in Alghero airport knew about similar stories! Obviously the hotel has a reputation and the only idiot who didn't know was me:((

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Alghero hotels

Cheshire
Reviewed 2 February 2005

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Hotel Continental in Alghero in September 2003. The outside looked OK. There was a car park with a large gate, which was locked at 10.00 pm. The hotel was a short walk from the old town of Alghero, however we got lost and found ourselves outside Alghero Prison! - Not shown on the tourist maps. The lady on reception was really nice and friendly, when we went to the car for our bags, I wanted to do a runner, but I had already given in my passport and didnt have the bottle to ask for it back. We had asked for a room with a sea view, so we were on the 4th floor with a view of the sea through a space between two residential apartment blocks. The door to our room and the door to the bathroom were made of metal, painted rust red. At the end of some of the corridors there were lockable metal grills, like big iron gates. There was a chair in the room, the type of moulded plastic one that you get in a youth club. It is situated in a residential area. We didnt stay for breakfast!

20 Thank Gillcaddick