“Just great!!!!”

Ranked #40 of 259 Alghero B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Just great!!!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed in Alghero for 14 nights (all in the Catalan B&B). The location of the B&B is just perfect for accessing the old town (5mins). Another bonus is the nearby supermarket (around the corner) as well as the bus stop right outside and plenty of local bars/pizzerias etc (serving locals mostly, hence cheaper!). B&B itself is kept nice and tidy, the host (Loredana) is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and have airconditioning (we also had a good size balcony). For most of our stay we were the only guests and had the whole place to ourselves. We had an amazing time in Alghero (and might be back in the future :))! We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone!!! E&N (Ireland)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 August 2011

nice Bed and breakfast. Personal touch and very central. Would come back again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
huddersfield
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Pros: Inexpensive, nice quiete accomodation, close to town centre, near supermarket and bar with an internet terminal
Against, 3 bedrooms share one shower/toilet- so if you had 6 people staying, access to the bathroom might be an issue (the rooms also each have a washbasin). Though you might also (as I was) be the only guest, and have the place to yourself.
Close to the centre of Alghero (5 mins walk), but sufficiently distance to mean that the nearby bars, pizza shops etc. serve mostly locals, rather than tourists, hence are cheaper.
And, hidden away, as it is, in an apartment block, the only way you are going to know about it is via the internet.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
antwerpen
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I was with my girlfriend on a 8-day holiday in Alghero.
We rented the app. for 6 days and stayed in the B&B For 2 more days.

The app. was clean and perfect for 2 pers. with a big terras (butt no airconditioning it means you can not sleep in)
At night it cools down and you can enjoy the terras!

The B&B is very good! Nice rooms and airconditioning in the bedroom everything you can aspect from a good B&B.

Loredana and here mother are very good hosts i recommend this B&B to everybody!!!

Barbra & Bjorn
Antwerpen (België)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Me and my family had a nice seven days stay at this B&B. The room was nice and clean and the service was good. It was nearby the city centre but still quite and calm. The biggest pros was the AC. Furhtermore, we lived next to a very good supermarket for groceries and a couple of hundred meters away from fruit and fish markets as well as to the sea. The cons were that the beach was half an hour away (walking distance) and that the number of toilets and showers were a bit to few when the rest of the rooms were occupied by young women.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Holland
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Instructions to the B&B were quite good; once my paypal payment was accepted. Loredana is the owner of the B&B and she was very nice and spoke English on the phone well. Unfortunately we never saw her as it seems her mother runs the day to day operation. With the help of other guests we managed to understand the instruction given to us upon arrival. Everything was self service. The breakfast comprised of bread (which you could toast) water, packaged juice, coffee, processed cheese slices and triangles and some sweet buns. You are instructed how to use the coffee maker as no one is around during breakfast and you must help yourself. The room we had was reasonable and had a nice balcony. Although very noisy at night, when the window is closed you hear practically nothing. It is a short walk to the old town and an enjoyable walk to the beach. There is a washbasin in the room however there is only one toilet and shower shared by all. We were there for 3 nights however no one cleaned our room or changed the garbage. One negative point which sort of ruined out mood for a short while. On the day of departure we were asked to vacate at 10:00am. At 10:03 I opened the door to my room (bags packed ready to go) and was met by the mom who looked angrily at her watch and said ten and pointed her finger to leave. I pointed to the time and said it is 2 minutes after ten and she said it is 5 after. She left the room for a moment and there were new guest who had arrived who witnessed this. It was quite embarrassing and the new guests were quite shocked. I then asked if she could please call us a taxi which she replied (and interpreted by the new guests): They speak in English so you have to call. I tried to call and of course they understood nothing. I called Loredana who called the taxi for us. This made us feel that we meant nothing to them except the money we gave, which was 200 euros. I believe there is equally good accommodation with additional ammenities where we may have been treated us slightly nicer or at least with a smile.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
VespaAlghero, Proprietario at Alghero Catalan B&B and Flat, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Hello Rob,
I am really sorry for that review made me :-(
Unfortunately the days that you come you've had a big problem in mi job and unfortunately could not be present to be able to explain all of even better things.
So my mother help me too much in my B&B and I thank you for this!
But if I grant, I would react to certain things.
The breakfast is self service because each guest can calmly wake up and have to breakfast until 10:00.
The breakfast room is fully equipped: toaster, kettle, microwave and espresso machine with Lavazza pods.
The machine is Lavazza, one of the best and it is easiest to use, it just put the pod and turn the knob and the coffee is ready! There isn’t a machine too simple than this.
The Breakfast is all packed because the Italian laws require that the B & B have all packaged food.
The breakfast consists of everything a guest could wish for, I think.
In fact consists of jams, honey, chocolate (Nutella), biscuits, cakes, cereals and brioshe. Also you can be found in the big fridge: milk, juice, butter, 2 types of cheese, yogurt and water.
The room with terrace has a large window facing the main street, it is normal to keep it open generates noise, in fact in all rooms there are the air conditioners , that to serve to close the windows, keep cool and stay in absolute silence.
The rooms are to clean every 3 days like of the regulation of the B & B.
To have daily cleaning, breakfast served and more, is recommended to go in the Hotel where you pay in July minimum 105€ per double room per day and not 65€ per night for a double room like in my B&B!
The check out must do maximum at 10:00, as in most of the hotels, because you must clean the room for the arrival of the others guests.
However is possible to leave your luggage in the breakfast room and take this when you want in the evening.
Also I was very sorry that I called a taxi for you, as you asked you, and you were gone!!
The taxi waited you and then was forced to leave because you were already gone!!
This is a behaviour not correct and of not respect for the people that working all day!!!!
In the B & B there are the taxi card and every guests with your mobile can call one without necessarily help me, all taxi speak English and can be contact directly by the customer.s
Anyway, I apologize again if your short holiday in my B & B is not liked, but at the same time I'm glad that many others guests who have written on Tripadvisor and in the guestbook of my B&B, were very happy with the service that I offer with seriously and simplicity.
Have a good day.
Sincerely.
Loredana.
London
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This was really a great place. I stayed there three days in June '10 with my fiancée’. The room was huge. Finding the Catalan was very easy as it is located 5 minutes to the centre of Alghero. It's in a great location, just a quick walk to the end of the block and down some stairs to get to the action. It's far enough away that you don't hear the busy street noise, however. Breakfast was not served but was quite hearty. Loredana was great, quick helpful in getting us acquainted with the area as well as attending to our needs. Parking can be a bit of an issue as there is no specific parking reserved for Catalan Guests. Overall I'd definitely recommend the Catalan. They provided a great service, particularly given the location and price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple