“Perfect location, great staff, standard room”
Review of Hotel El Balear

Hotel El Balear
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Alghero
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I spent 4 nights during my trip to Alghero. I had a single room with balcony and seaview. The room was standard, but clean and OK. Breakfast was included. Good value for money.
Location of this hotel is perfet, with short walking distance to the Old Town. The sunset view is great to watch from the outside bararea.
I had a great welcome, and the staff was superb. They were friendly, adviseable and serviceminded. I rented a bike for 3 days, and got well around during my stay.
I will definitely come back to El Balear.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Helge G

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our last night in Sardinia was spent at this lovely small hotel. We had a great sea view and also looked over a lovely courtyard garden. We had an early flight so would have missed breakfast, but the staff very obligingly provided coffee and croissants for us in the bar area.
Good location on the sea front; short stroll into tho old town.

Room Tip: Garden room with sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Here was our last night on Sardegna-trip.
Simple, clean room with small bathroom. Staff was very friendly, hotel-bar was well stocked with my brands.
Breakfast was quite good. I loved the front terace in the morning and evening.
Internet is only prepaid.
Hotel is really on the seeside and you can easily reach the Old Town centre by walking or cycling. If I ever go back to Sardegna for Hollidays, I think I will come with my dog too and I´ll choose this place. This City is really so dog-friendly and that makes me cool!

Room Tip: Rooms on north side don´t have nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel. It is ideally located at the water front and close to the old town. The rooms are quiet and we had a very good sleep. The furniture looks quite shabby but the rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly.We liked the sea view during breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed in El Balear a week ago and I was quite surprised. I did not expect the I would feel quite cosy here especialy becouse I had a great sleep and the rooms were clean, quiet and the staff was extremely friendly. Its true that hotel is not the newest but it is well maintained and I liked it a lot. However I think they could do better with dinners, breakfasts were ok. I give it 4 stars becouse of good location, price and cosiness.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Popotnik11
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed on night in two very small rooms hidden away in a courtyard.
The rooms where clean and light but very small - the shower was almost just a kids shower.
It seemed a quiet-hotel, meaning that you had to be extra quiet. We had three children and they had no problems here.
Extremely nice personel always helpful

Room Tip: Make sure you get seaview
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We arrived 'on spec' and they found us a room - it was clean and the bathroom was very small (tiny 'hip' type bath with shower over) and a side sea view. After two nights they happily moved us to another larger room on the top of their newer block (No 41), which was very clean, had a lovely large balcony and overlloked the sea. The staff were lovely and friendly, which was what made us decide to stay for a further two nights. The breakfast was a bit limited but adequate - would not want it for a week! Position is good; quiet but near the old town.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple