“Good location nice staff”
Review of Hotel El Balear

Hotel El Balear
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Alghero
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

I was surprised that this hotel seemed so low in the pecking order in Alghero. I stayed one night at the end of a cycling trip. Thought Alhero was lovely and was very happy with hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel which is a very short walk away from the centre of the lovely old town of Alghero. The staff on reception were very friendly, even making us a coffee and giving us a croissant as we left early before the breakfast opened. Room was comfortable, if a little old fashioned, not been updated since the 1970s! Bathroom also old fashioned but everything was serviceable and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We arrived before the check in time, and were allowed leave our bags in a room until it was time to check in, our room was on the first floor sea view with a balcony and a separate closed in balcony which was great for the windy days. And the sun sets are out of this world. The bed was very big and comfortable the bathroom was well stocked with shampoo and shower gel and towels were changed whenever we left them out, the room was cleaned every day. Breakfast was lovely meats, cheese, breads, cakes, cereal, fruits, fresh juices bottled water, tea, coffee, drinking choc let and a lovely view in which to have your breakfast looking out over the sea front. There is a little court yard in the front of the hotel where you can sit and have a drink or just to chill out. Also out back there are benches in a little garden to just relax, you can rent out bikes in the hotel one hr €3, half day €6, full day €8 and 3 days €20. They also have Internet which I thought was expensive at €3 an hr, and a safe in the office which you can leave your belongings for free. There is a 24hr bar in the hotel and is well stocked up. But the best part was the staff that was so friendly and helpful with a smile and a chat at any time day or night. We had such a lovely time we are planning our return trip for September.

Room Tip: Seaview at the front of the hotel for the Sun sets.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamodDublin_ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I spent 4 nights during my trip to Alghero. I had a single room with balcony and seaview. The room was standard, but clean and OK. Breakfast was included. Good value for money.
Location of this hotel is perfet, with short walking distance to the Old Town. The sunset view is great to watch from the outside bararea.
I had a great welcome, and the staff was superb. They were friendly, adviseable and serviceminded. I rented a bike for 3 days, and got well around during my stay.
I will definitely come back to El Balear.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Helge G
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our last night in Sardinia was spent at this lovely small hotel. We had a great sea view and also looked over a lovely courtyard garden. We had an early flight so would have missed breakfast, but the staff very obligingly provided coffee and croissants for us in the bar area.
Good location on the sea front; short stroll into tho old town.

Room Tip: Garden room with sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Here was our last night on Sardegna-trip.
Simple, clean room with small bathroom. Staff was very friendly, hotel-bar was well stocked with my brands.
Breakfast was quite good. I loved the front terace in the morning and evening.
Internet is only prepaid.
Hotel is really on the seeside and you can easily reach the Old Town centre by walking or cycling. If I ever go back to Sardegna for Hollidays, I think I will come with my dog too and I´ll choose this place. This City is really so dog-friendly and that makes me cool!

Room Tip: Rooms on north side don´t have nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel. It is ideally located at the water front and close to the old town. The rooms are quiet and we had a very good sleep. The furniture looks quite shabby but the rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly.We liked the sea view during breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends