We stayed in a deluxe room with a sea view.
- Clean, modern, bright, enormous balcony
- Bed was large and comfortable
- Bathroom was modern and nicely presented
- Cupboard space was reasonable, but not large
- TV was equipped with Italian SKY, which was ok, but most of the channels e.g. for films were pay per view. Sky News and BBC World Service were available.
- Wifi in the room was very bad - one of only a few draw backs. The system requires you to access the internet by logging in through one of your social media platforms e.g. twitter, instagram or facebook, which is slightly annoying if you don't want your information to be accessed by a computer system that you don't know much about. When you're online, the wifi coverage was limited to the area near the door, and wouldn't work in/near the bathroom or on the balcony. Furthermore, every time I returned to the hotel, it required me to enter all my details again. The wifi system needs to be improved.
The rest of the hotel:
- breakfast was included, and it was very acceptable: nice fruit, fresh croissants, the coffee machine was good but there should probably be another one as there is often a queue.
- the reception is nice and open and there is a computer to use for free
- Staff at the reception tended to be helpful and friendly, though I got the impression, at times, that we were bothering them with questions, even though they usually gave good and helpful answers.
- Cleaning and breakfast room staff were friendly
- the pool is lovely, and has a great view of Alghero. The deckchairs are comfortable and there is ample space on the balcony for sunbathing. This was one of the best elements of the hotel, though we only spent one afternoon on the pool terrace, because we wanted to enjoy the vast array of beaches that North East Sardinia has to offer.
Car rental and parking:
- We rented a car (Fiat Panda - which you see all over town) from a rental place on the corner of Via Lido for a reasonable price (£120 for two days including cover) but were surprised to be told by the hotel that it cost €15 to park a car not rented from the hotel, in the hotel's grounds. That was a surprise. Fortunately, there is free parking in the road parallel to the Via Lido - any of the white boxes.
- The old town is very pretty, but quite touristy.
- Visit The Kings restaurant in the old city, which is the second best restaurant on trip advisor in Alghero, and has a fantastic ambiance, great food, and reasonable prices. Book at least a day in advance!
- Beaches: take a trip (1 hour by car) to Stintino beach in the north, which is absolutely beautiful - clear blue water and white sand - though sunbeds are extremely expensive at all the private beaches! (€15 each for the day!). Also, drive about half an hour away to La Spiaggia di Porto Ferro, which requires you to park in a nature reserve and walk about 20 minutes to get to a secluded and beautiful beach, which feels like a secluded beach in the middle of the Med.
- The alma di Alghero is excellent value for money and is very comfortable, modern, friendly and clean.
- We cannot complain about any aspect of it. It is not absolute luxury, but it is well above average, and sits at around the low 4* range, by English standards, which is why I've rated it "very good" (4/5) but not "excellent" (5/5)
- I would recommend it for couples
- I would also suggest that renting a car (book in advance if you can) and going on day trips is essential, if you want to make the most of your stay.
- This hotel is probably one of a kind in Alghero in terms of modernity and comfort, so it is recommended for a stay that won't bust your wallet, but will give you a week of relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Alma di Alghero in Sardinia offers you exceptionally comfortable accommodation within a modern, efficient facility that a few meters out to sea. The Alma di Alghero Hotel in Alghero is the ideal solution both for tourists who yearn for a tranquil seaside holiday and for businesspeople who are visiting Sardinia on business trips. To offer its guests unrivalled accommodation solutions, the Alma di Alghero Hotel in Sardinia makes economical, last-minute offers available all year round. In this way, you can get unbeatable value for money when you visit one of Sardinia's most fascinating destinations. Book your stay at our hotel, the Alma di Alghero Hotel in Alghero and prepare to savour a trip that will be filled with discovery and wonder. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alma di Alghero Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alma Di Alghero Hotel Sardinia
- Alma Di Hotel Alghero