“Not more than ok”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The restaurant was ok. The staff was ok. The atmosphere was ok. The price was ok. I would probably not go here again.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I went there with some friends. The restaurant is located in the city center in a nice area nearby the the port. The staff was friendly. We ordered spaghetti with sea ​​urchins (ricci). As I am Sardinian, I have eaten them several time. They should normally be served in a big plate and the sea urchins sauce should be enough to color the spaghetti of a nice orange reddish..
Now we receive spaghetti with on the top some pieces of sea urchins. Well they were not bad but not tasty and good as one should expect from a restaurant in Cagliari. We had a bottle of white wine. We were 5 and we paid 15 Euro each. May be we were unlucky but you can really better stuff around there.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

If you want to eat the same food as local cagliarians, then there are plenty of restaurants to choose in this area. Da Serafino is one of them. The food is simple and the ingredients are local and fresh. But most importantly they are delicious!
The presentation is not fancy and nor is the decor, you may even be put off by the fact the staff don't speak much English at all (we weren't), but the full dining room is proof that this is a good local trattatoria.
If you like to try something regional, a bit different and tasty then you can't go wrong here.
If you want swish, elaborately presented cuisine, then go to elsewhere (more fool you!)

2  Thank suffolksalami
Reviewed 24 July 2012

A nice fish restaurant a cut above the standard tourist fare. Lovely to sit outside in the bustling street.

3  Thank bagpie
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This simple trattoria has been around for ages, I have been there so many times that I can't count them. The appeal of Serafino is that day after day provides good unpretentious food together with a professional service that you would expect from a much more expensive restaurant. It is always good value for money. The last time I was in Cagliari, after a little wander around Via Sardegna (and some not very good experiences in some fancier local restaurants a few days before) I decided to go back there. I believe it is one of the last honest places to eat in an area of Cagliari where more and more tourist traps seem to happear.

2  Thank MaritzDK