“Had a great time!”

Hostel Marina
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a family trip to Sardinia and we are very glad we choose to stay at Hostel Marina.
It is very close to the city center, and to the old city.
The family rooms are nice, and they have a baby bed that was very useful.
The staff is friendly and helpful (Alitalia lost our luggage and they helped us to get it back. Thanks again!) and everyone speaks English. The helped us plan and book the rest of our trip and gladly answered all of our questions

The only missing thing in the hostel is an open kitchen for the guest. Almost all the restaurants serve dinner starting 8PM and it was hard to find proper food for our 1.5 years old daughter.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had amazing room 2 floor with 2 bathrooms, however it is for 6 people. Clean and good service. Excelent location Marine district close to all districs of city. Opened all day. Breakfest wasnt big but good: fresh juice and coffee in breakfest how much you want. Nice staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Niteroi, RJ
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice location and good rooms. I definately recomend it. Staff was nice and hostel was clean. Breakfast was simple but good and well organized. Right in the heart of cagliari and close to bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Tucked in the old city, ideal who likes walking around the little shops and get a flair of the old port quarter, and for night life on the street and in the old squares. Very close to everything, including the port as well as to the train and bus station and to the busses going to the beach.
Very clean, but very hot in the peak summer months. It can be loud at night because of street parties, and also because some room walls are not too well-isolated.
Excellent breakfast also for German standards! Very friendly, helpful team.
Wonderful stay. Only draw-back: no cooking facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Cagliari at 2am. Having called 5 hours in advance, I was told by an attendant that the hostel could accomodate my medium sized collie and I. I told the attendant that I wouldnt confirm the booking lest I was able to find parking. Upon arrival I was turned away by the night porter who accused my dog of being a large dog and that he would not let me in because I did not confirm my booking. I spent the night in my car.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed for 6 nights recently and would stay again.
Booked 6-bed dorm and was a little bit afraid about the room size as you can feel very tight in some hostels when you book more bed dorm. Dont have to worry over here, my room was really spacious with 3 big wardrobes and 2 bathrooms, everything nice and clean. AC in the room was a plus even though it could be set up on 25 degrees C only...still better than nothing.

As previous reviews say location is just perfect, everything important in walking distance, bus and train station 10mins away. Wi-fi available in the courtyard area only but it did not bother me, you are not going on holiday to spend hours on internet, are you?

Bfast was ok, I was not disappointed, you will get basket with 1 piece of croissant and white bread, however staff is more than happy to give you more pieces, just ask!
You will get honey, jams, nutella, butter and you can drink as much juice, coffee and tea (Twinings, much appreciated) as you wish.

They also have storage room for you bike if needed (free of charge).
If you are looking for some guided tours, can be purchased at reception.

Staff were nice and courteous, esp. Noemi at reception (hope I got spelling right) and gentleman serving bfast are very friendly people.

All in all, very positive experience for 18 pounds/night.

P.S.
I spent two weeks travelling along Sardinian western cost using public transport (bus, train) and bike only, in case you would be planning anything like that, feel free to drop me a mail, I may know some answers you could have about getting around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Maribor, Slovenia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It depends on what you like... The locations at the day looks great, because it`s in the center, but at night, it`s horrible with all the music and loud talking. Also in the hostel there`s like there are no walls. All the sound comes through! You hear people from other rooms talking, walking, laughing, doing stuff.. It`s like all the sound gathers in your room, arhh! + Beds are too short, so if you are tall like we are you don`t have the place to put your legs... Overall, the sleep was the worst from all of the Sardinian places we slept in!
The air conditioning was put badly, like they don`t know all the heat gathers up in the upper floor, so our friends was cold downstairs, but we were sweating like pigs upstairs!
Also breakfast was horrible. You got only one basket - in it was one croissant and half of roll. You got marmalade, butter, coffee, water. From the fruit there was only apples. Sure as hell for the hostel that is fully booked this is very poor breakfast with no possibility of choosing what to eat in the morning!
But the hostel itself was nice though. I loved all the photos hanged on the walls, also the bedrooms were very spacious.

Overall, 25€/night/person with that kind of breakfast and sleep is so overrated I can`t believe myself! We payed much less in B&Bs for a luxury we never thought we`d have!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends