“great modern flat”
Entrance
View from the living room
Terrace
Nearby Beaches
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
tangledla...
Manchester
“Overpriced and sadly disappointing experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

If you are considering staying here, then like me you are probably looking for somewhere a bit special and are prepared to pay extra to do so. If this is the case then I would very seriously contemplate booking this apartment as for us the experience was a massive disappointment.

I will start with the positives as there are a number, but I believe you could find these elsewhere. The apartment is in a good location to see all the sights of Cagliari and to access the beaches by public transport. There is an excellent sound system and air conditioning and a nice bathroom. The apartment is also bright and has lovely views.

Sadly this does not make up for the negatives, of which there are a number. The bed is hard and extremely uncomfortable. My boyfriend has problems with his shoulders and we had to put the mattress from the sofa bed on the bed as it was so uncomfortable, however even I found it unbearable. The dirt behind the sofa bed when we moved it was shocking!

The apartment was not clean when we arrived, although the cleaner was there. Bringing this to the attention of the owner (and even sending him photos to demonstrate our issues) was met with sarcastic comments (I have kept all of the emails if anyone would like further information). He made us feel that we were deliberately trying to find problems, which is ridiculous when all we wanted was some acknowledgement and for the points raised to be addressed.

The terrace is lovely but we didn't get the chance to use it as there was only one deckchair, again something that could have been rectified, but nobody could be bothered. The barbecue was left filthy for us to clean- not something we were prepared to do on our holiday.

The "agent" or friend or whatever she was couldn't meet us on time, despite being advised in an email the day before that we could arrive at any time and sending our flights times months beforehand. We had to get a taxi to meet her (the cost of which was reimbursed) and then back to the apartment as the suggestion of sitting in a bar for two hours with all of our suitcases and belongings in 30+ degrees of heat strangely wasn't too appealing....

The shower curtain was full of mould and emitted the most disgusting smell when it got wet that we had to take it down and put it outside. From this point on everything in the bathroom got thoroughly soaked for the rest of the week.

All of the above issues are not huge problems in isolation, but added together when you have paid around £100 per night make this rental very poor value for money. The attitude of the owner however, despite us trying to resolve things at the start of the holiday was the part that was most upsetting and disappointing.

We have stayed in many rentals and always got on extremely well with the owners and written excellent reviews, as shown on my profile, however in this instance it was all about money with no focus on providing a good service. I have kept all of my correspondence with Andrea as I am sure he will have his side to this story. If anyone reading this would like to see the full exchange of emails then I am quite happy to provide it, to demonstrate that we did try hard to resolve the problems without having to write this type of review.

The apartment is also on the third floor of a very steep street, and although this is not at the fault of the owner it is a very tiring hike up to access it, especially with cases.

We spent a long time deciding where to stay in Cagliari, an absolutely amazing place to visit, and my advice is definitely do your research and stay somewhere else as this experience was the only downside to our week long holiday.

Liked best: The music system
Liked least: The apartment was dirty and the attitude of the owner was disgraceful.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Aug 2014
Dear Tangledlady,

I am very sorry you didn’t enjoy your time at the apartment. It is the first time one of our guest is not happy and I welcome your feedback so we can make improvements to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Since you called me the first time I did my best in trying to solve the issues while you were there. Unfortunately for the lack of time it was not possible. For this I apologized and offered a refund.

In order to address the problems you raised, after your stay I personally inspected the apartment: I hired a new and more accurate cleaning lady and I changed the shower curtain with a new one, so now the apartment is again spotless. And a new deckchair is on the way too...

Regarding my personal attitude there was perhaps some miscommunication. I was very sorry in learning your disappointment, I was always available to answer your several calls and emails and did my best to provide solutions.

I hope that you will have anyway a good memory of our wonderful Sardinia!
Katharina...
“great modern flat”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

modern and nice furnished! if you need something you ll find it for sure, from internet i pod plug in, dvd selection, candles, all cooking facilites..towels....

in the central location and still easy to reach east and west coasts.

can highly recommend this place!

amazing roof top terrace!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: roof top terrace
Travelling group: Freunden
Friends getaway
jaysinc
Dingwall, United Kingdom
“Ottimo”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Pretty sure that this rental would work out after reading earlier reviews and we were not disappointed. The description is entirely accurate and you are provided with everything necessary for your comfort and convenience. Elizabeth was on hand to welcome us and arranged a taxi on our departure. Andrea provides a very efficient booking process and even supplied a list of restaurants with recommendations which we found to be very helpful. You would not be disappointed with this apartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and facilities.
Liked least: stairs ( if I have to say somrthing).
Colinhapp...
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay and we will certainly stay here again.everything ran very smoothly the apartment was easy to find and very central,couldn't believe how quiet it was yet we walked 100 yards and we had eating places and bars,many thanks to Andrea (owner)and to Elizabeth who sorted us ou with arrival and departure.

Liked best: Location,terrace,view
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway
Alex R
“Great apartment exactly as described”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

The apartment was exactly as shown in the pictures and was in a great location to investigate the town. Had everything you needed for a stay and the terrace was great for sunbathing or relaxing (and was bigger than the pictures suggested, with table & 4 chairs, parasol, BBQ and with deck chairs in cupboard). Elizabeth met us and gave us some great advice and was very helpful. Apartment was up 3 flights of stairs but not an issue. Unfortunately WiFi wasn't working when we visited.

Your age range 35-49
Fred-Hele...
Paris, France
“Lovely”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Very good location: a quiet street in an animated neighborhood, a terrace overlooking the Marina district and the port. The owner has chosen good materials for his flat: windows, bathroom, TV, bedroom: everything is fine, well shaped, efficient. And the fact than you can cook yourself is quite interesting in Sardinia, as food in the markets doesn't cost much, whereas restaurants are at standard prices. Best moment: stay on the terrace at night, and watch the silent, pink flamingos fly over Cagliari, under the moon...

Liked best: The terrace
Travelling group: Avec mon époux(se) / partenaire
People with disabilities Older travelers
Cambridge
Reviewed 12 May 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing