IoAMoCagliari
Hotel Nautilus(Cagliari)
US$139
US$135
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree transfer from the airportold towncentral locationthe ownergiannicaffeanticashowerstreet
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The place is centrally located and it has been an excellent base to explore the city: shopping area, harbor and old town (Bastioni di S. Remy) are just few steps away. Our host came to pick us up and kindly helped us with local tips (we went to a very good local restaurant he advised: excellent food, many slow food choices). We also had a parking garage right in front where parking is 5eur per 24hrs, so if you want to explore the coast by car, there is a safe parking right in front.
The interiors are nicely decorated and brand new, bathroom is clean and all facilities are brand new and available for guests (possibility to barbecue, have complimentary tea, water, coffee etc in the garden/patio).
I highly recommend it and hope to be able to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ilaria R
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Really lovely, beautifully presented place in central location. It's hilly in the area with lots of steps. The room was superb and modern. The kitchen room was very useful with snacks at your disposal. Lots of narrow and steep steps into the place but even with my arthritis I could manage it no problem so don't be put off. I appreciated the daily clean of the room and the free transfer from the airport. The owners could not be kinder nor more helpful. They made my stay easier. Breakfast is in a gorgeous cafe down a steep hill but be ready for aloof and slow service there. However, they warm up when they start to recognise you. Once you've had breakfast you are very well placed to go off exploring. The no 10 bus stops just opposite the cafe by the Bastion and this goes down the hill to Piazza Yenne. It is a lovely walk down there as well past some fabulous shops. The bus is more helpful on the way back up hill and is only 67 cents. But tickets at any of the many
news stands which are often right next to bus stops. Several tried to sell me the longer distance, more expensive tickets so remember to ask for singolo tickets unless you want to go further. I found the Via Roma a less pleasant experience than the Piazza Yenne which felt much safer. A real must is the Cafe Schvizzerer (not sure I've spelt that right) which is opposite the fabulous department store just down towards the port from the Piazza.
I was travelling alone to do research for my book and I felt very comfortable and safe staying 4 nights at this B&B. I had a desk/dresser with a comfy chair to work at in the evenings as well as space in the garden and kitchen. The garden and sun area was a lovely oasis to absorb the sun at this time of year.
The shower is tiny and my somewhat larger than average frame was challenged getting in and out but I managed it fine and I have encountered this problem in my usual places on mainland Italy.
I wholeheartedly recommend this B&B to couples or single travellers. The rooms are spacious enough to allow for families too. Go and stay there. You will have a wonderful time and Carmen and Gianni will make every effort to ensure you are happy. It's a beautiful place.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank DrSharie
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Cosy, clean, well-situated and stylish hotel in Cagliari centre. Located but a few steps from viale Regina Elena parking place it also offers free transportation from the airport.
The hosts are extremely helpful and welcoming. Coffee/tea facilities are at your disposal any time of the day/night. The only thing you should do before your arrival ( in case you travel by car as we did) - contact the hotel and get exact driving direcions . It really helped us a lot ( especially the information about the color of the doors - red).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A super clean, modern, bijou guest house/hotel, with small outside sun terrace, wifi and a/c, centrally located in Cagliari. Gianni, the owner is very friendly, helpful and professional in all he does.. We'd love to return sometime.

Room Tip: Our shower cubicle was tiny, perhaps not suitable for larger guests, not sure if all rooms are the same though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandandMore
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Very stylish, cosy place in the nice part of Cagliari. Unfortunately I stayed here only one night and had to leave very early in the morning. We left Cagliari D'Amare at 5 in the morning but got some tea and buiscuits. The owner met us in airport and showed the easiest way to central station for our morning trip. I would like to stay longer in this very clean, light and very stylish rooom for longer time. I think I or my friends would come back here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple