Hostaria SA Osa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I completely missed this restaurant at first despite looking for it! The staff are very friendly indeed. We had an excellent bottle of red after describing what we like and for a reasonable 15 euros. There were bottles for 7! The food really is superb and very interesting. You'd really struggle to find something like this in the UK. The portions were generous which makes me wonder how the locals are all so thin! A very very good meal, in pleasant surroundings at an extremely reasonable price.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had dinner as Sa Osa an a wet night in Cagliari. we were glad we picked this restaurant. Looking from the street we thought the restaurant was emptyfrom the stree but the main eating area is away from the street surrounded by very thisk walls. The meal was excellent, i had octopus in a puree for entree, it was very tasty followed by a steak, I asked for it rare and came as requested, moist and tender. the wine list was not as extensive as some I have witnessed during my travels in Itlay but it was varied with quite a few Sardinian wines and the prices were reasonable.Service was excellent. i would return again if in Cagliari.

1  Thank paddles_11
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

As it says, much choice in Cagliari so where to start?

Looked at TA and this was good but not always perfect so realistic we were not disappointed either. Turns out our waiter Alessandro if I have the name right was the owner.Great service but best service in the world does not compansate for bad food. No need it was superb from the set meal my wife had to the mussel soup and potato filled Ravioli in a saffron and cheese sauce I had.

Another review called this correct. I.e locals living above with washing hanging out in narrow sun lit streets! But this is Cagliari and we loved it. Good food,not a rip off, good cuisine advice and spotless inside and our ( inside is so modern and clean)

We loved it and rate highly

1  Thank casaecosse
Reviewed 19 August 2013

An perfect, delicious restaurant in this street! The waiter was so friednly and they could speak very good English! they explained every wine, and the menue, if you had problems. The menue was so amaizing! It's not comparable to any other restaurant at this food-mile in Cagliari. If you search for something special you defintly have to go here!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wonderful staff and even better food. The prawns with tomatoes was so good I wouldn't share with my husband so he ordered his own. Try this on your first night so you can go back again and again.