“Beautiful”

Ranked #59 of 258 Cagliari B&B and Inns
Brighton
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Really lovely B&B. The family who runs it are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. My room was beautifully decorated, very clean and good air-con. Room also had a safe and fridge. WIFI wasn't working in the rooms, but there was a computer to use in the reception area, though I would have preferred to use my laptop. Breakfast was delicious, with choice of cakes, ham and cheese, yoghurts, toast (or toasted sandwich if you want), fruit, crepes etc. Location is very good, just up from the station. There isn't a great deal to do in Cagliari, but if I ever go back I would certainly look to stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Zealand
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We were amazed by the terrific service from Francesco and Vinnie who were so helpful. They arranged accomodation at very short notice when the ferry was cancelled, helped us get some medical help and were great at sorting out where we should visit in Cagliari.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Located 2 minutes from the Airport bus drop off and near everything! the port/harbour, castello/old town and all the sights are within walking distance of the hotel, and poetto beach is only a short bus ride away from via roma. The rooms were clean and beautiful, and had the most incredible blackout from light or noise for the most peaceful night of sleep you'll ever have. The staff were incredibly helpful, they helped us find the best restaurants in the area ('Sa Cardiga e Su Schironi' for the best porceddu), told us about the best beaches (away in chia but easy to get to) and they even made us breakfast after we had missed it! all in all a fantastic place that you would be foolish to miss out on.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We moved here after a night at the Holiday Inn Cagliary which was nowhere near the city!! Francesco and Vincenzo were brilliant! So friendly and helpful that it made our stay in a foreign land comforting. It was great to see the boys take on the hospitality trade and do well at it. The welcome, the ambience, the spacious and well appointed with big fluffy towels and airy bathroom were very easy to get used to. The breakfast was homely and beautifully presented with home made cakes by the boys!! Very impressive hospitality. Hotel is very centrally located and easily reached from train station within minutes. We got a map off the internet to guide us. A street of steps can be easily managed without luggage although we carried ours. Close to the portside. Very comfortable indeed. Thank you Vincenzo & Francesco

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Hard to find (use a satnav !) - tough to find free parking. Lots of stairs to climb - room at Sa dumo was fine but because we were short stay they moved us 10 minutes across town to another building with more stairs to drag your bags up. Tv didnt work at first then only 4 channels. Breakfast in the room was prepackaged croissant and coffee with no milk. Noisy night life right outside your window at this location. No hot water for shower. Would not recommned to short stay visitors if you dont get the Sa Domu Cheta building.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank speshUk
Tromsø
Reviewed 19 March 2009

My girlfriend and I arrived Cagliari in the evening, and it was dark. We got a taxi and with a little bit of troubling we located Sa domu Cheta. It is, like other people has pointed, a little bit of difficult to find. We checked in and the young boy in the reception gave us excellent service.. The grandma in this B&B is just lovely.. A charming old italien lady stood at the kitchen cleaning up and preparing for the nexts morning breakfast.. She dropped everything she had in her arms and came out just to say hello to us, then we start feeling this Italian harmony.. She looked at us, saying something at Italian and in 30 secs she was starting to prepare a little meal for us.. so nice..
The next morning we got breakfast and the youngboy in the family was taking good care of us, giving us everything we wanted.. And then the lovely grandma stepped out of the kitchen with a nice cake in her hands to us... I was feeling that we were one of the family! I think this tells what this B&B stands for.. The rooms are very nice and excellent for a couple... The location is very nice, in the old part of Cagliari and you can in most cases walk to different things..

The service is great!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
LONDON, UK
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Things didn't start off well - I got a taxi from the airport with lots of bags - including my bicycle.

The cab dropped me outside and it took me a while to (a) check I was at the right place and (b) get someone to answer the door. Unfortunately the ab driver left one of my bags leaning against a pot-plant in the hall, so when Nonna Maria came out and found me there she shouted at me in Italian, and I didn't get checked in at this stage, and she told me to come back in an hour.

So I sat outside, put my bike together and waited for something to happen. A couple of other people turned up (I think they were guests) and as they were going in they kindly phoned the englishs-speaking guys from the hotel, who turned up a bit later and checked me in. It was all a bit stressful. The room was very small and dark at end of corridor overlooking courtyard and neighbours rooms.

The convenience of being in central Cagliari, and the relative cost was Ok. The breakfast was superb and after a couple of great breakfasts I was a lot happier. By the end of the stay, Nonna Maria Was being lovely to me, which was nicer than being shouted at, and she gave me a big bag of biscuits and cakes which lasted for the next three days of cycling.

• Liked — cake
  • Disliked — welcome
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)