All reviewslocal beachair conloungecoastbeaches
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly i was met at reception by two memebers of staff how didn't speak English. I was shown to my room and had issues with the air con machine. I had to fix it myself.
Breakfast is basic. Don't hold out for a good filling meal!
Location Is next to the beach which is great but no.shops or anything near by. A little restaurant 5 mins walk away.

Room was ok. Large in size. Although shower door was broke and the toilet took about 10 minutes to refill while making a funny nous.

Bedroom walls are thin, heard.lots of noise from neighbouring rooms.

I hired a car for my trip and it's definitley worth it to.explote the gorgeous island!!

I wouldn't recommend staying here. Avoid if possible as it doesn't really have any positives from my experience. It was 'ok'. Certainly wasn't worth £95 per night!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Bee123000
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews were we're excited to stay at this hotel. Firstly we arrived and the guy tried to put us in a room down stairs (we paid extra for the sea view) after we conveyed that he moved us up to a sea view room which was basically a view of all the other balconys and hardly a Seaview and 2 single beds which he said would be fixed in the morning but we were only there for 2 nights so 50% of our stay was the wrong bedding . We read that the chairs on the beach were free for people staying then later finding out it was €2.50 per 30mins written in really small writing. The coffee and breakfast was good but as other people have said get there early. Then when we went to pay the final bill they tried to charge us again saying the site we booked on doesn't take payment (booking.com) I very well knew that it did. Only after I found my bank statement did they agree they had no documents on this.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KayB24
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for its proximity to the beach and the decent price. It is much better than what the photos suggest. I would certainly recommend it and I will love to come back.

I dropped a star due to the fact the tab water in the bathroom had a yellowish colour. To be fair I didn't complain or let the staff know.

And to close with a positive note, the staff were helpful and tried to help whenever we asked for help.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kyriakos T
Reviewed 30 May 2017

As others have already mentioned, the hotel is in a wonderful location just 100m or so from one of the beaches in Pittulongu. The hotel itself has rooms on the ground floor and the floor above, we asked for one on the first floor as there are views of the sea or mountains, depending on which room you have. Our view (room 218) was mainly mountains but with a glimpse of the sea. Our room was south facing so we had the sun during the day (but we were never there!). The balcony was fairly large with tables and 2 chairs, plus a towel drier. The main bedroom was a decent size with plenty of wardrobe space for clothes etc. The bathroom was ok with a lovely powerful shower. There was a small tv high up on the wall. We didn't need the air conditioning as it was ok during the night without it. Everything was very clean.

Breakfast each morning was ok but not extensive, if you arrived towards the end some items could have run out and not been replaced, but there was sufficient choice for most people. There are always more things that you could have, but you have to remember that the price is not for 5*. American coffee was available out of a flask and was always hot whereas the cappucino's although good flavour were generally only warm.

There is a bar and lounge on the ground floor which is open throughout the day, and drinks are inexpensive. Ideal I would guess if the weather turns against you, at least you can get a drink. There is also a large screen tv with comfortable chairs.

The only thing I didn't like was that I found the bed far too hard, and didn't sleep well. My wife however found it ok, so I guess it's just a matter of personal needs.

After spending our first couple of days in and around Pittulongu, we ventured a bit further, and found the most wonderful beach at Bados, which is about 3/4 mile further up the coast, about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. This beach has a couple of bars/restaurants (both good), whereas the local beach near to the hotel didn't have anywhere open, though probably would in high season.

There are several restaurants within 15 minutes or so walk. Our favourite was a pizzeria called Poldos, which is on the way to Bados, about 10 minutes from the hotel. We ate there 5 times during our stay. Other people staying at the hotel recommended Lo Squalo, but we were put off by the mixed reviews.

The bus into Olbia stops on the main road close to the hotel, no more than 5 minutes walk.

All in all, a modest inexpensive hotel in a great location. Would we return.......Yes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level have the views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard_BEE
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We tried to find a beach hotel, and were checking out "the Pelican Hotel Resort" when we discovered the Mare Blue hotel next door. Less than half the price, breakfast included, a really nice and spacious balcony on the second floor with a view to the sea and the back yard - we found this option a perfect place to stay for a couple of days!

The standard is not quite up to beat - the shower definitely needed some attention, but it was clean, and the service was good! Parking in the back - car ports available at no extra cost. The walls are not sound proof, so in the high season I'm sure that could be a problem.

The beach was approx. 150 yards from the hotel via a private path. The beach is public, but in May it still felt like a private beach. It was a bit windy during our stay, but still nice and warm. The water was a bit cold at this time, but going for a swim was no problem. Chrystal clear water!

Really sweet people running the place, and they made an effort to make us feel welcome. They spoke very little English, which is fine as we are in Italy....

A great place to stay for a couple traveling through in the low season!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple