“Super yummy”

Ranked #38 of 329 Restaurants in Olbia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The tamata che sa frughe is AMAZING! I would definitely come back just for that! The filleto was yummy too! Would recommend to anyone with a great love for good food!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our search for a good meal on the first night of our 5 day holiday introduced us to "Ristorante Barbagia"... and every following day we managed a meal there - not that we were closed minded, indeed we saw plenty of Sardinia and ate in many places but we were always drawn back!
The personal pride of the management in every aspect of the service and food is palpable immediately on arrival. Like most places I encountered in Sardinia, language can be considerable barrier to communication but even still the warmth and friendliness of the staff was notable. Also notable was the staff's interactions to the other customers - there were certainly not many tourists eating here when I came and certainly seemed that very good terms were kept with the locals, which I took to be promising from the start.
The menu options were very varied and if necessary Manuel as the resident English speaker in the business will gladly come out of the kitchen to assist and make recommendations.
Of the many dishes my partner and I got through over the course of our stay, none disappointed. But I strongly recommend the Pane Frattau and the roasted pork and potatoes was an amazing local take on something I had grown tired of having at home. I can only recommend to any visitors: this is a great place to try something new or something old... but it will not be the same as anything you have had before in sunny England!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

great. thanks Manuel and also to your father. ps...the Mirto was great. we actually bumped into the restuartant at 00h00 on our way to our hotel, which we could not find, and the owner was prepared to explain to us how to get to our hotel, so the next day we went there to eat and thank the owner.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The owner of the restaurant was very nice and helpful with the selection of vegetarian meals. The perfect place for typical Italian food and atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Last review I mentioned we had walked further and found somewhere we planned to visit for a meal. Well today we entered Barbagia during opening time for lunch. The pizza's were so big we did not have any room left for the complimentary hand made sweets. But forced ourselves out of gratitude to Manuel the young chef and staff for good service, fresh food and repeated advice sound advice. The ovens are on in the evenings for pizza. I did notice we were the only ones that finished our meal. Their servings are that large you would have to be a worker preferably a labourer to not struggle a little. Hubby must mention salmon pizzza comes with prawns.
Barbagia is one eatery to eat at and not feel you have been cheated out of your 2E cover charge per diner.