“B&B SolSicily - July 2012”
Review of SolSicily B&B

SolSicily B&B
Ranked #146 of 314 Catania B&B and Inns
Split, Croatia
“B&B SolSicily – July 2012”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We were staying in B&B Solsicily for three nights and we can only recommend it. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and cozy, breakfast is rich and very tasteful, atmosphere warm and friendly.
B&B is located in a zone close to the city center and near bus / train station.
The owners, Cristian and Antonella, are very helpful hosts and give valuable advices, you should listen to them, they helped us to get to know all important city spots in those three days and to make the most of our stay. Also, Cristian recommended us a great company for a visit to Etna (Etna Experiences – highly recommend it!). We had an excellent professional guide to Etna (Fabio), accompanied with a picnic and a good local wine.
We would definitely come back here again.
Grazie mille :)
Greetings from Croatia

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Nice comfortable rooms with charatcer. The hosts were superb in helping us get around and order taxi. This place is conveniently located close to the train station and a short walk to restaurants and bars.
The place may looking off putting at the front but is immaculate inside and very much an oasis in bustling Catania and would recommend a stay here.
Great free wifi and a good spread for breakfast, couldn't ask for anymore for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have been in "solsicily" in june 2012 with my girlfriend, and we like it so much, because first of all the couple than runs it, Cristian and Antonella are soy kindly, and they give us a lot of information of Catania, and of course all the hospitality that everyones wants to find in a foreing country; The room was so nice, with a king size bed (that they made every moorning), and with private bathroom, tv, wifi conexion, air condition, and a so mondern look!!
The breakfast was wondwerfull, with everything you can expect in a mediterranean islan like Sicily.
But the most important thing for me is the location of Solsicily, wich is so close from the downtown, and the most iportant a beautiful places of Catania, and you can go by walking everywhere, even to the seashore; so if you added that to all the things that i have mention before you have the best relation between quality and price!!
So i recomended B&B Solsicily to everyone who wants to discover Catania because of the location, the room, the breakfast, the price, and of course the couple that makes it happens!!!
Ruben, Madrid, Spain.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We arrived quite late at Sol but were warmly greeted by Cristian. The B&B is close to the bus station which made it easy to find late at night. Cristian was also very helpful with directing us to places to eat. Our room was fine and the room and bathroom were clean. There was also a wide selection of foods for breakfast. We did not feel unsafe either at the B&B or in the streets. To be honest Catania is not like other cities in Sicily. There is more litter and graffitti than usual even in the popular parts of the city which makes it and the area where B&B is located seem worse than they actually are. Although it is noisy in the streets at night, we travelled through most of Sicily and found that it is noisy everywhere at night. I would reccommend the B&B; the owners are friendly and helpful; the location is good; the room and breakfast are good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Egypt
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed at solsicily for 3 nights & I've to say that although there were no major problems with my stay, I feel that I could have found better options.
I'll start first with the positives:
1- The location is very good, its a 5min walk to the train & bus station, 2min walk to teatro massimo where all bars & nightlife are located & like 10min to the Duomo & via Etnea
2- I booked an ensuite room and it was huge & clean with a bed, sofa, table, desk & TV.
3- The owners were nice and helpful & provided some good dinning suggestions.
4- There is a free wifi in the room & a free PC with internet at the entrance of the apartment which worked very well.
Now to the negatives:
1- The area is a bit seedy with a few working girls & their customers at night so u sometimes feel uncomfortable walking there at night. Although I did not face any problems, but I don't recommend the area for families.
2- There can be some noise coming from the street at night so if you are a light sleeper it can be a problem.
2- I arrived at around 3:30pm & the room was not ready so I had to leave my luggage & wander in the streets for an hour till it is cleaned.
3- The lighting in the room was very poor & some of the lamps did not work.
4- Some of the drawers were used to store the owners stuff so you can't actually use them.
5- There was a strange drainage noise coming out of the bathroom every now & then which was really annoying.
6- The bathroom also had a bad smell, although not strong, but it was there even when the owners put an air freshner in the bathroom.

For me I think this B&B is good but the above issues can make your stay uncomfortable so that is why I do recommend to try & find somewhere else even if you get to pay a slightly extra amount.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mobz11
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband found this place so I had no expectations until we arrived. I was concerned with the neighborhood as it wasn't what we have been used to since arriving in Sicily. The location was close to the ferry that we were going to catch to Naples so I wasn't complaining as I had my back pack to carry. I was just wary in the beginning but in the end, it was ok. Just had to walk past the "working ladies" without being rude. I smiled, they smiled and no issues. We found a great restaurant close by with food to die for and the local grocer had roasted chickens that I wanted to try but did now have enough time. Note, he sold cheap beers too. The B&B had a lovely hostess who was warm and she spoke enough English to help us with suggestions but also note, the room we had, the plumbing was noisy. It would wake me up at times with it's high pitch noises. The breakfast selection was aplenty but I am not a breakfast person so it was wasted on me. In conclusion, when we had to leave our back packs behind for a Mount Etna Tour prior to our ferry departure, the hostess was accommodating for us to pick our packs later in the day. I appreciated that heaps!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank KMSM44
Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

The location is very close to the ferry and a short walk to all the attractions. However the area looks a little sleezy, with the odd working "girl" ( a few years past the use by date) hanging around, but everyone was friendly and we never had any problems.
The rooms are adequate, but the plumbing, like the girls, is also a bit aged and noisy at night.
The owners were very helpful and made sure to show all the locations on a map theynprovided. The breakfast was the best selection we were provided in Sicily.

• Stayed May 2012