“Bello!”
Review of Hotel Biscari

Hotel Biscari
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Catania
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I've stayed with my husband in this hotel for one night in the begining of April. So, this hotel is 3 minutes by foot from main Cathedral, it's a safe place, safe district. We came late in the evening, and it wasn't a problem for us to walk around u can do a little round trip in center for an hour and easily come back to the hotel. Staff. I've asked really million questions about everything; museums, streets, vulcano Etna, directions, etc, they know everything))) and always ready to help. Our room was one of the cheepest, I can't say that it was perfect, but just for sleeping - great (price - quality). And breakfast. That breakfast really is still staying behind my eyes: morning, terrace in flowers (maybe just in Aprile, but still), coffee and all that sweets, toasts, a bit of chese, and u see all that roofs and balcones of the near houses, town starts to wake up, magnificent. It's a worth-staying place. Also I saw by chance some other rooms (the doors were opened:) ), there're really nice rooms, but the price is a bit higher.

Olga and Dmitry

Room Tip: As i mentioned, our room was the cheepest, it was plain but just for good sleep and taking a shower...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is a very unique place with super friendly owners and staff. It's very secure place which was kinda important to me since I was alone. The area in general can be intimidating if you check in later at night like I did but during the day I found I was in a good location to walk everywhere I wanted to go. I read other reviews talking about tv not working blah blah blah, that didn't matter to me because I'm not going to waste time watching tv. The breakfast is awesome! The room I had was massive. Price was very good. If you want to see a video of the room I stayed in: http://youtu.be/zIpcHszccOs

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tiffany Y
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This must be the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.
The only good thing about this hotel is its location.
Having read on trip. that view from the terrace was supposed to be amazing i was very
disappointed.
There must be a least 4 to 5 flights of stairs before you reach reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Really really lovely staff, helpfully and welcoming. Perfect location close to main square and airport bus stop near by. Rooms are big and light but the beds a bit lumpy . Above average breakfast with capuchino made on request . Would stay again as excellent value for money !

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank rachelcar03
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Overall, not terrible. I was impossible for us to find and driving in Catania is a nightmare so we dropped the rental off early and took a cab to the hotel. It's tucked away on a narrow side street in a central location. We had to walk up three flights with 2 weeks worth of luggage since there was no elevator but I guess that tends to happen in these cities. The staff was very pleasant but didn't speak English very well though I'm in their country so I try not to complain about that. Our room was spacious but we were apparently the only ones without a bathroom IN our room...we had to go down the hall. The bathroom smelled bad, the shower leaked and the toilet leaked and I almost cracked my skull after slipping on the water that leaked from the shower onto the ceramic tile. The door to our room wouldn't stay closed unless you locked it but that really wasn't a big deal since we tend to lock the door anyway. It has a beautiful sunny terrace where they serve breakfast or you can just lounge. It is connected to each on the rooms that face the inside courtyard by a narrow balcony. The only downside to this is every time someone walked to the terrace at night we could hear them laughing and talking as they passed our room. We stayed in Catania on a Friday and Saturday night so when we were trying to sleep we could hear very loud music from what I can only assume is a bar/nightclub close to the hotel. Breakfast was lacking a little...just toast and a few pastries with orange juice and coffee (though I have come to learn that this is apparently what Italian in genreal eat for breakfast, by our second day in Italy I was dying for bacon and eggs). I really is a good value overall. I wouldn't return to Catania, it's just to big and busy for me but if I had to I would probably stay there again just because of the unbeatable price

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The hotel Biscari is situated in the heart of Catania. Superb house, with an incredible view on Catania's roofs from the upper terrace, you'll enjoy your stay there. A pity that the furnitures have not been chosen more in harmony with these so charming old stones...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed one night in Hotel Biscari. It is tucked away on a small side street very close to the central square in Catania. The accomodation is on the second floor up a grand staircase and is centred around an interior courtyard. There is a bright terrace for breakfast. We had a private bathroom which was outside of our room, but was large and clean. Staff were friendly and room was large and clean - perfectly comfortbale and good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple