“Great couscous!”

A putia dell'Ostello
Reserve with
A putia dell'Ostello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,042 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Catania
Description: The exclusive of the Agora Hostel's "A-Putia dell'Ostello" in Catania is the restaurant located in the cave where the Amenano river flows. We offer a full menu with typical dishes of the Sicilian tradition; our pizzas are appreciated for the high-quality of the products. In our wine bar a wide range of sicilian wine.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We ate at this restaurant the first night of our stay in Catania, as it was recommended to us by the receptionist at our B&B - who suggested we eat in the underground "cave". The atmosphere downstairs was much more more calm, which suited us well as we were tired after our journey. I ordered the vegetarian couscous and my bf a pistachio pasta - and we were both very happy with our choices. So much that we came back on our last night in the city! The second time we ate upstairs (where there was live music) and the meal was great except the couscous I ordered with my grilled chicken was served cold. The antipasti were great! And try the burrata pugliese. Great service!

2  Thank CamiHF

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hubby and I had dinner her on our one night in Catania. It was recommended by hotel because it had a good night crowd and music. We ended up setting in the covered area outside instead of inside the "cave" as they call it in the basement. We found the meal to be suprisingly good, especially since it is simply outdoor seating. We really had a great meal here. Had couscous alla norma (eggplant, tomatoes, cheese) to start, which was great. We both had pasta dishes, Mennula (ravioli filled with cheese, almonds and cream of mushrooms) and Pistacia Vera (fettuccine with pistachio cream, Ragusan cheese and cherry-tomato). Both were amazing!!! We shared a main course which was a mixed platter with sausage, chicken grilled and a horse meatball. It was good, but the pasta dish was best. We also had a liter carafe of wine. Was one of the least expensive meals during our trip, but very good. Would go back. Very friendly waitstaff

1  Thank travellady1616
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was there with my friends and we had a great dinner, i suggest you to have a pizza or tipical meet with local red vine! Also you can have a look the natural romantic river into the cave of the restourant.

1  Thank diego_nicita
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The food is good and very good to. However there are a number of buts. The place is not clean at all. I have never seen such a dirty toilet in my entire life time. We were served in the cave which in my opinion could be much well kept. Service is very slow. They do not start serving food before 8.30pm. And once we had our order taken the food took an entire hour to arrive. The food is the best asset.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I met one of the owners of this restaurant on the bus from the Catania airport to the city, and made plans to visit. The restaurant is known for couscous, but on Sunday it offers a vegetarian meal of several courses for a wonderful price. It was delicious. This piazza is difficult to find even though it's close to the duomo, so make sure you get good directions.

3  Thank niteed