“nice stay”

NH Catania Centro
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Catania
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for three nights with our friends.
The location of the hotel is very convenient.Short walk to via Etnea and fish market.
Also close to the nice trattorias.
We had no problem with parking our rental car,
Reception staff was very friendly and helpful.
Wifi only in reception area and for 30 minutes free.
The room and bathroom very clean and good size.
Breakfast buffet was good.
We definetly recoment this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lovelybulut
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed here with a group and we were served and treated wonderfully by the staff. We had a great lunch there--with a delicious semifreddo dessert. Also, the breakfast buffet was lavish--with tasty pastries and fresh fruit. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean. I like the location--a short walk to Via Etnea and my favorite place for arancini: Savia!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in October after spending time in Taormina. The location of the hotel is pretty good, 15 min walk to Plaza Doumo etc. plenty of shops, cafes etc in the locality. The room was large and clean with decent air-con, TV had movies on demand in English and Italian, also quite a few TV channels including sports channels. large bathroom as well, it just felt more 3 star than 4 star though, some of the decor was slightly tired and the windows could do with being sound proofed as even on the 9th floor we got traffic noise. Some of the staff were very helpful and some of them didn't seem interested, so hit and miss there. Breakfast was ok but I'd expect slightly more from a 4 star hotel. All in all this is a decent hotel and I would stay here again but I would expect more 3 star than 4 star

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scottymain
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed here for the better part of a week. It was a good hotel, but not a great hotel. I had absolutely no issues at all with any part of the hotel or service, but I also have nothing to brag about aside of the location in Catania is quite convenient. Also, I didn't realize this until after I came home, but when I asked about the price of apartments/housing to the man at the front desk he tried bringing me to his apartment, overlooking the water. I am totally oblivious to these kinds of things, but after I told other people this story and remembering how he acted, dressed, etc., well good thing I didn't is all I have to say!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed in the NH Bellini for a week, and just must to share my appreciation of the hotel and service it delivered. It's indeed was an amazing stay from very first day until my depart.

The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I forgot to print my car rental voucher - they immediately provided me with free wifi access code so I could to email them all necessary documents and they printed for me all the bunch of papers in 15 minutes. I needed assistance to book some excursions - they gave me all necessary information.

Hotel's car parking is free (there are inside and outside parking sections). If there are many cars and you couldn't find a free parking slot without blocking another car, you just give your keys to the parking guy and he will take care about it. Room cleaning service is perfect.

The hotel is located in the 10-floor modern building, so there are no problems with 9sq.m. rooms with 2sq.m bathrooms like if you will stay in some old "historic" building. The bathroom was very spacious, all things are in place and working properly.

With all that you are still right in the heart of the city, within 5minutes walk from Etnea street, within 15minutes walk from San Giovanni LiCuti and piazza Duomo.

Shortly: it exceeded all my expectations.
Enjoy your stay in the vibrant and beautiful Catania!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank cap0d1tutt1
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed one night in the hotel as part of the tour I was with. The hotel is modern and rooms are comfortable with big bathroom and long bathtub. The reception staff was very helpful and location of the hotel was in a good and safe area. Unfortunately, the free wi-fi only worked at the lobby and not in the room. Breakfast was a good spread and delicious. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This hotel was amazing for our week long stay in Catania. The hotel staff were very obliging and polite, the room was spacious and nicely decorated and the breakfast was amazing! Such a good selection of foods!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple