Myself and wife booked into this hotel on a last minute 4 day break with BA.
When dropped off via taxi late the first night it felt like we were plonked in the middle nowhere in a large city. In the end we made the best of it. Hotel was clean which was the most important thing. No tea and coffee in room which was very strange. Make sure you order a cup before 10.30 or you will miss out as bar closes (although in book states 24hrs service). Sky doesnt have english speaking channels except news.
From this hotel You do have to walk everywhere but you do get used to it. Mabe a 15min walk to the main square. Mabe 25min walk to the main train station and bus depot. Not the most friendly City in the world. Helps if you speak Italian. Not very helpful otherwise so do your research of how what and when you want to visit things..
Take train to Gardinia Naxos for 10 euros return. Lovely beaches and restaurants.
TIP.. Make sure the hotel orders a taxi for you to and from the airport. Cost 20 euros each way. We paid 40euros before knowing this. Overal, we had a lovely time although legs still aching.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo is located in the centre of Catania, only few minutes far from artistical and cultural interest places of Catania, easily reachable from the railway station, the motorway and the airport. In addition to its central location, Hotel Mediterranean is particularly appreciated for the quality of services dedicated to the specific needs of the guests explained well , for example, with the pillow menu, the fitness room and the buffet with gluten-free products.The soul of BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo fully reflects the warmth and vitality of Catania.63 spacious and comfortable rooms, some with balconies and equipped for disabled guests with mobility difficulties, are avaliable into different types: single, double, twin and triple rooms without forgetting the business room dedicated to business traveler.BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo, hotel in the centre of Catania, has a fitness room with its high quality services, free wi-fi, pillow menu, Sky (included cinema and football - original language avaliable) and custumised services for all travelers.You can take advantage of a private garage with 8 parking spaces (fee required) to book in advance. The hotel has a breakfast room and a welcome bar, furnished with warm tones that reflect the style of the hotel, where you can enjoy a wide variety of high quality and fresh products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mediterraneo
- Best Western Catania
- Catania Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo Catania, Sicily