Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo
US$96
US$147
US$137
Orbitz.com
All reviewsvia etneasky tvminute walkcity centrerecommend this hoteletna tribevery nice hotelbellini parkbase for exploringcakeswater pressureensuite bathroomwifi is freegranitashort breakvisit cataniastayed for two nights
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I have been promised a discount on my next visit if I write this review. Instead it is written as a gesture of thanks to the superb staff, who put up with all my difficulties (in English, but they also generously tolerated my broken Italian). The rooms, plumbing and electrics were more than adequate. The breakfasts were varied, imaginative, and delightful. Whilst there is probably no where in Catania which could be called "central" the access was excellent, and public transport easy. Even better, my rooms were delightfully quiet, away from roaring traffic. I will return...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I was a guest at the Best Western Mediterraneo in Catania, Italy in May, 2010. My husband, fell while walking on the street in Catania even before we checked into the hotel at the start of our vacation. Unfortunately, my husband needed to be hospitalized and underwent surgery and aftercare for multiple shoulder fractures at the Ospitale Garabaldi in Catania. I continued to stay on as a hotel guest at the Meditarraneo throughout the entire week that my husband was in the hospital, as well several days following his release prior to our departure to the US.
All of the hotel staff were extremely supportive and were very helpful and assisted me during this very difficult period. Having to deal with a multitude of hospital issues, as well as transportation problems, reservations, telephone, internet, credit card, and other concerns would be a complicated task for anyone but, being a woman alone, a senior citizen, and not being familiar with Catania and not speaking any Italian was very difficult and extremely stressful for me. However, there is one individual who stood out as having provided exceptional and outstanding customer service and support. I am referring to Antonella Treffiletti. Antonella helped me in a multitude of ways that went way above and beyond what a hotel employee might ordinarily provide. In all my many years of traveling I have never received such supportive assistance and commitment to a hotel guest from a hotel staffer as I received from Antonella. Antonella Treffiletti is quite exceptional and the Best Western Mediterraneo is very fortune to have such a dedicated and committed employee. She really knows how to help a guest feel that they are at their home away from home. Hotel Best Western Mediterraneo turned out to be a lifesaver and the food, the cleanliness and accomdations at the hotel were wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfiebert
medicatania, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2010

Please, let me express the words of appreciation of all the members of our Staff, starting from Antonella, for your touching review.
It is rewarding to read that you valued greatly the help that we tried to offer in your particular circumstances. You were our guest, and we were committed to host you in the best possible way.
But you are right: we are lucky to have Antonella in our Team!

Reviewed 25 November 2010

We stayed several times there (as a couple and with groups) and always had a nice time. The staff - especially the manager - is extremely friendly. They tried to solve every problem we had - e.g. booking other accommodation in Sicily , trouble with credit cards etc. The breakfast includes several kinds of cakes, fruits, local cheese and salami and many other things - not just a croissant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I prefer to choose Best Western because they give value for money, they keep a good standard, are clean and the breakfast is also very good. It is the second time I stayed at Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo and I will recommend it to family, friends and others who intend to visit Catania.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We realy loved this hotel.We have stayed 4 nights at this hotel. We booked this hotel in Catania as we was planning to have a day out on our own to Siracusa/Ortigia, Taormina, and Acireale/Aci Castello/Aci Castello.
As others said here by European standards this hotel was way above it's rating. The bedrooms were nice and spacious and balcony doors were with double glased not a single noise, the common area's were clean and nice decorated. The breakfast was great.We had also daily fresh eggs to boil. They had free internet access and free wifi in rooms too. The staff English was fine and they were very helpful in their directions
to us.Not a single complain we can make on this hotel.
We booked this hotel for a great price of 217 euros for 4 nights for the two of us, thanks to www.travelrepublic.co.uk.
The only thing that one may can say is that hotel is a bit away,,,,but bus stop to Central Station is very near hotel and bus tickets are only one euro....for 90 minutes.
Still if one will like to walk from hotel to Via Etnea, Bellini Garden Area and Open Market was only appx 15 minute.
Yes if i ever go to Catania i will stay in this hotel again.
Thanks to all the staff and to TR.
Anthony-Malta