“Great three day´s stay”

Hotel Ognina Catania
Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Catania
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Thanks to all the service group for the hotel, who where very helpfull and nice. We spent three excelent days at the hostel, which offered excelent breakfast and very nice rooms for a very low price. It had also enough place to park and very good recommendations to enjoy the city.

Thank you all so much from a argentinean girl and a german boy!

Regards, Ivanna Z.

Room Tip: There are rooms with see view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivanna Z
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ognina Catania

Reviewed 17 November 2012

酒店是连锁型的三星酒店,同样是三星比罗马的所谓三星家庭酒店好多了。首先交通比较便利,酒店有免费的停车场地, 对于开车游览西西里的人很方便,而车对于西西里而言几乎是必不可少的。酒店早餐很好,我们夫妇带3岁女儿定了一个 双人间,并没有为孩子支付任何费用,但是也能享受酒店的早餐,而且吃得很不错。肉类,牛奶,果汁。面包等等。 酒店有sky TV,甚至可以看到中文频道。入住酒店的凌晨两点,我女儿饿醒了要喝牛奶,我去前台找热水,前台 还有人兢兢业业的在服务,很好。酒店出门向左,第一个路口左拐,5分钟可以找到一个中餐厅。

洗澡间太小了,太小了。wifi是要收钱的。

The hotel is a Chain style 3stars hotel, much better than a family style 3stars hotel in Rome. The hotle has a free car park which is good. A car is Necessary in sicily anyway. The breakfast was very good, We did not pay anything (even city tax) for my three years old daugther, but the hotel provided breakfast for her as well. The hotel has shy tv, you can find channels in your own language. I was looking for hot water for my girl's milk powder at 2:00 AM, the front desk was still in service. and last you can walk to a chinese Restaurant just in 5 mins.

Shower Room is very very very small, wifi is not free.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pen_peng
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We arrived tired after a late flight. Staff were welcoming and friendly - we stayed 3 nights using it as a base to tour Etna, Syracuse, Agrigento and Mosaics Villa. Excellent location - outside the main city but on the coast by a pretty marina & city beach. Next door to a petrol station which sounds bad but an easy visual landmark and easy to park. Acceptable restaurants next door or down the road on the marina but if you're there for just a night then its worth venturing into the city centre for atmosphere. We had an excellent view of Mt Etna from our room - Bonus! Reception staff booked us taxi into Catania 'Old Town' (lovely!!) and our choice of excursion to Etna. Large room with small bathroom - all clean and modern. Highly recommended for budget traveller.

Room Tip: Email for a room with a view - your choice of marina or Etna!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faye K
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hotel Ognina gives you great value for your money. Rooms are a bit small but well equipped and clean. Breakfast is simple but a lot better than many other hotels in the same class in Italy. Staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is fine for a one or two night stay. For a longer trip I would prefer a larger room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank DimitriB
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This hotel is just ok. The breakfast is very continental,and if you waltz in at 10:31am, the doors will be locked. The lobby is nice looking,and you are greeted with Sicilian butter cookies, but you are charged for every little thing. Warning: WIFI will cost you 7euro daily! Also, the shower is very limited in size and the water floods into the bathroom. I thought it was just my room, but I moved to another room with the same problem and the other 5 members of my group complained about the same issue with their showers. Also, I asked the front desk for hot water for my tea. The man came upstairs with a Teapot full of Sicily's tap water. No one drinks tap water in Italy!! It smelled like fish!! It wasn't hot!! I was so insulted. Also, when I walked in my room, the remote control had no batteries in it, so I used my own. I was already frustrated because of the WiFi fees,so I didn't want to be bothered. When I turned the tv on, it had no English speaking channels and one subtitled MTV station. So, Teen Mom was all I could watch for 4 days. Due to location, I was surprised. This hotel was right off the water in the tourist area, but didn't accomodate tourists at all. I see that European 3 star is nothing like US 3 star. Never again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Ciaranamow
Reviewed 7 November 2011

liked the situation of the Hotel although it was a bit hard to find at first. The breakfast was good. Parking area was excellent and the staff was amazing! Most of them knew how to speak in english! Stayed for a 4 nights and it was amazing! The staff where extremely helpful!

It would have been amazing if the hotel had a pool. Also the breakfst time should be a bit longer.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lara267
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We arrived at Hotel Idea expecting to be near the beach and close to amenities. The truth is we were next to a main service road to a new autostrada with constant chaotic traffic far from amenities. The room we were given was meant to be air conditioned, the outside temp 32 degrees, in the room slightly less. The room itself smelt as you entered and soon we found that the carpet at the door was wet, hence the smell. The hotel did not have internet access at all. Shower was ridiculously small even by Italian standards, towels were old and thin, bedspread had a cigarette burn, sheet had a small hole, toilet seat was unhinged. square and paint worn off.
However they did offer us another room when we complained but this was not much better as it too had some of the problems previously mentioned. It was too late for us to transfer, we had to contact our travel agent in Australia by phone so that she could find us better accommodation at our own expense.
The hotel displayed a Trip Advisor certificate of merit for 2011 and we are flabbergasted as to how it could have such a rating!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple