My friend Gemma and I thought we would only stay one night, but ended up staying two because:
- the staff was great, Alessandro and Santina were wonderful!
- the restaurant next door was delicious, where every Tuesday the cous cous is half-price and the waiters buzz around from table to table, smiling, laughing and making you feel like part of the family
- great cocktails at restaurant, (but never order Japanese ice tea, it's too strange)
- flanking the hostel is the fish market, a roaring good time of old men selling seafood, giving cheek kisses, handing out their granite di limone, singing, etc
- beautiful high ceilings
- functional fans and showers for the peak of August humidity
- lovely little kitchen
- computer access
- etc, etc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- independent hostel in the heart of Catania, Sicily, next to Mt. Etna, Taormina, Syracuse. dorms, doubles, twins, restaurant, bar, wine bar. It's worth visiting the hostel itself and many tourists and locals come to sample our unique atmosphere. We have a fantastic restaurant with authentic sicilian dishes. Have you ever sipped a glass of wine whilst sitting in an underground lava cave? You can here at the hostel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Agora Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agora Hostel Catania, Sicily