1,259 results
All reviewsprivate beachclose to the airportcatania airportfree towelsnice hotelbeach holidayflight pathpool bardel solebus serviceend of septembersea viewmain roadbreakfast buffet iscity centrean overnight staybusy road
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

If you're a couple on vacation-this is not the hotel. Catania is an technical city (business) town. It's more geared for business travelers. Could not vekeice the condition of the carpet - extremely filthy and the walls was just as filthy. But to be fair the actual rooms were in acceptable condition.
I would not recommend for #vacation, business yes because at least you're not paying and won't be as dissapointed.
Overall I'd say stay in Taormina or Palermo instead.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asquite1260
giovanni c, Direttore at NH Catania Parco Degli Aragonesi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you, for the trust given to our hotel, NH Parco degli Aragonesi , by choosing us for your stay in Catania.
With regards to your comments, we have read them carefully and would like to inform you that all the feedback given is the most reliable method of monitoring the service we offer and to improve the issues that need to be developed in order to achieve our guest’s satisfaction and to provide an extraordinary service. This comments will be highly valued for next actions to be implemented. Please receive our most sincere apologies for not having been able to cover your expectations.
We hope you give us a second chance. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Perfect location for flights, but closed beach (the web site promises beach service until the end of September). The food (Linguine Verace) was extremely salted. The bathroom cleanness could have been better. Mosquitoes in the room, and in the bathroom as well.
But kind staff, comfortable bed.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Guest,
First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for their time by sending your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed choosing NH Parco degli Aragonesi.
We hope to have you soon again our guest, to try also to transform its "Good" to "Excellent".

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The stay probably would have garnered 3 or 4 stars, as the hotel and services were fine, if pricey, but on the last day of our stay, we noticed a yellow stain on the duvet, underneath the covers. It was undeniable as to what this stain was, but after a feeble attempt at denying it, the check out person, as a 'gesture of goodwill', deducted the €7 beer from our total bill. These things happen, and it unfortunate, but a €7 discount from a bill of a couple of hundred euros at least, is not an appropriate respond.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our holiday in Sicily. We chose it because it was near the airport and our flight got in after dark. We also wanted to visit the historic centre of the city which has UNESCO World Heritage status.

We had a nice time. It's a short ( 10 min ) but pricey ( 35 eu ) taxi ride from the airport. We had booked a superior room with sea view which was on the small side but ok. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. We had dinner n the terrace restaurant on both nights as it was a very pleasant spot to sit in. The menu was good and there was a nice choice of reasonably priced local wine. On the second night our server recommended a different wine which he said would go better with our food and it was a good choice. The serving staff were charming, making sure we had finished our wine before brining our coffee. There was a nice bar by the pool for drinks before dinner but we didn't see the food menu there at lunchtime so again ate on the terrace.

The location is quiet and safe with parking if you need it. It is quite a way out of the city centre and we made the mistake of walking there and back. It's fine until the pavement stops suddenly and you have to cross a series of road intersections with no pedestrian crossings. There are buses but not frequent. Next time I would get a cab.

We had to travel further without a car on our departure and the receptionist was able to get us prices for a driver and organised a pick up for us. All the staff were really nice. It seemed to be popular with business and holiday travellers, and particularly solo women travellers.

There is a nice little beach area across the road with sunbeds and a little beach bar.

Positives: good restaurant, quiet location, nice staff

Negatives: We didn't find the ac to be particularly effective. We left the window open to cool down the room and I got lots of bites.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMTLondon
giovanni c, Direttore at NH Catania Parco Degli Aragonesi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest,
First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for their time by sending your review and for the trust you have placed choosing NH Parco degli Aragonesi. I very much appreciate your comments that I shared with my staff. They are the symbol of our excellence, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous efforts to satisfy our customers. I assure you that comments like his give us the incentive to continue in our daily effort and is our main aim to ensure that the customer may be surprised and feel special during their stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

So, we're 2 English adults from London (although my heritage is Northern Italian) staying in Sicily for the first time ever for 6 days before we head off to Naples for a week. Our sole mission was to visit Mount Etna and Comissario Montalbanos house in Punta Secca - long story! And to utterly chill out! This Hotel was recommended by British Airways to us when we booked our flights and hire car.
Perfect choice! Location was 10 mins from the airport (although it took us longer on arrival as our phone sat nav was about 1 minute behind our moving place, it was dark, the road signs are rubbish and the drivers around us lunatics).
We arrived at 9pm. The reception staff were so welcoming and check in took but a few moments. We then headed to our room on the first floor (which is only six steps up). The room was absolutely fine, nice bed, lovely bathroom, air conditioner, desk, TV, mini bar and safe. There was a balcony with a table and chairs but unfortunately the view from room 151 is a little green grass area and a huge white wall!! Good job we didn't spend much time in the room and only used the balcony and furniture for drying beachwear.
We quickly unpacked and headed to the bar to grab a drink after a long journey. The bar appeared to be closed so we asked at reception and were told that the Pool Bar was open so that's where we headed. Fortunately someone was working the bar and we didn't have to wait long for our drinks. That was the only time though.
Slept really well in the very comfy bed and headed off to breakfast at 8:30am. Fabulous choice of fruits, cereals, breads, hams, cheese, eggs, bacon, cakes, coffee, fruit juice etc - take your fill and more!
At 9:30am we headed to the hotels private beach which is across the main road outside the front of the hotel.
What more do you want from a beach other than sunbeds, free towels, a little hut selling drinks but no food, managed by the lifeguard. It was fine for us, would have been nice to have a better choice of drinks and some snacks available at the beach but we found out on the last day there that the Trattoria del Sole next to the beach entrance can sell you all you need. We stayed on the beach until 4pm then headed back to the hotel pool for a dip, a beer and a toasted sandwich. We were looking for shade as it was really hot but as it was so windy the pool lifeguard wouldn't allow us to put the sunbed umbrellas up so we had to hide in the shade by the hedges on the rattan furniture. There aren't too many sunbeds at the pool, there are showers and toilet facilities all, apart from the bar, close promptly at 6:30pm. Space wasn't an issue for us as it was September can only assume that it's uncomfortably busy in high season. This was our routine on our non excursion days.
The hotel itself is very welcoming. If you look really closely, the rugs in reception, carpets in the hallways and blinds on the windows could do with replacing but nothing so unkempt that it's distracting.
The service you get from every single member of staff you meet it exceptional! Nothing is too much trouble. They are polite and courteous and there English language is really good.
Here's my only downside items:
The service is fantastic when it's available. Be prepared to wait for up to half an hour for someone to show up at the pool bar to serve you at anytime of the day. The food choice at the pool bar was limited to 3 types of sandwich and served with a cone of crisps. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evenings at all so I can't comment on the food, but the menu was very limited and with so many good places to eat in your doorstep I didn't feel we missed out at all.
Would I recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in Catania? If you have a car to get around or are prepared to pay a minimum of €20 to het anywhere in a taxi or if you're just looking to chill out then absolutely Yes. But be prepared to wait for great service - and that's not just this Hotel - we found that at all the local restaurants too.

Room Tip: Patience is a virtue when it comes to service