“Great experience for Mexican food in Italy”
Review of Carlito's

Carlito's
Ranked #23 of 998 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience for Mexican food in Italy”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food was excellent but a bit of a small portion. The atmosphere was excellent with indoor and out door sitting. We say outdoors on what was a blocked off road. Even though you are right outside the middle of downtown Catania the noise wasn't bad at all. We had a great experience and would go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tayconjk

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Super Mexican food!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an excellent Mexican meal here. Great marguerita cocktail for €2, super main meals and great friendly service. Was quiet but this was at 8 when it had just opened. Recommended.

1 Thank Steve S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just ate there and I must say I was impressed. The place was very clean, the service was outstanding, all the staff spoke very good English and the food was great. It wasn't the best Mexican food I ever had but for Italy it was great. I will differently be returning in the future.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jrerly69
Kingsburg, California
“Delicious food, similar to Tex Mex”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As expats living in Sicliy, sometimes we crave foods that aren't common on the island. One type of cuisine that we miss most is Mexican food. We visited this restaurant on a whim, but maintained low expectations. We were pleasantly surprised. Carlito's has great service, and delicious food! It is not quite the same as food you'd get at a Mexican restaurant in California, closer to Tex Mex style, but I have no complaints at all about the food or drinks. In fact, we have visited twice in the past month! The prices are very competitive as well.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank beeeechbum
Aci Castello, Italy
“excellent Mexican food, very fresh ingredients!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had never heard of a decent Mexican restaurant in my own town, until I have accidentally tried this one. It serves good food, very simple, but authentic (Northern) Mexican kitchen. Margaritas are a bit too "light" if compared to the real thing, but everything else is good. Fast and kind service included.

• Visited February 2014