Stayed here for 1 week in June with my wife, I thought I had done my research but failed on a few accounts. The Hotel is not a 5 Star establishment, it is in a nice setting with beautiful grounds and pool but inside it's dark and gloomy. The rooms are reasonable in size with a decent balcony but there is a distinct lack of wardrobe/drawer space. We booked a deluxe room and had a pool view and balcony, I think that was the only difference between the deluxe and the superior and classic rooms. We did not eat in the restaurant as there was limited choice of food and it was quite expensive. Not a lot of eateries in the nearby area except for a Chinese buffet restaurant which is worth a look, otherwise it's a trip into Catania. If you plan to visit the beach you have to cross a fairly busy main road but don't be fooled by thinking you will be safe on the zebra crossing. The car drivers have total disregard for pedestrian safety so be very careful, a car stopped for me whilst I was crossing only to get horn blowing and abuse from the driver behind him. The one positive thing I will say about this hotel is that the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and courteous and the hotel management should be very grateful for their hard work and efforts. Talking of the hotel management, it would be nice to see a few comments/replies to the reviews posted about their establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Romano Palace Luxury Hotel rises in an ideal location on the seafront of Catania. Immersed in 25,000 square metres of private gardens, where the arabics fountains and a swimming pool with Jacuzzi create a charming and relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is an enchanted oasis between the Baroque of the city and the sea, overlooked by the great and magic presence of Mount Etna .Just a few minutes far from Catania historical centre and Vincenzo Bellini airport, both easily accessible with the free shuttle service of the hotel and only three minutes away from the touristic port and motorway junctions. Romano Palace is the best place where to enjoy the attractions of Catania and the beauties of Sicily in absolute freedom and privacy.The style of the hotel is the result of a long search between West and East, thus creating a unique mixture of Arabic atmosphere that crowns in a huge Hall. One hundred and four are the rooms and suites, each with its own style and the top of all modern comforts.Outdoors and indoors spaces are all multifunctional, meant to reach the guest’s comfort and care his privacy. The gardens and the fountains, the lounge bar, the swimming pool with its bar, the summer restaurant “Tokai Garden” and the panoramic roof garden “Papavero Blu”, the gourmet restaurant “ Coriandolo”, with its intimate and refined atmosphere. The “Posidonia” restaurant ideal for banquets, gala dinners ,and business lunches.A great balance between elegance and modern technologies in the plenary meeting room with a capacity of 330 seats and control room. Exhibition areas, and eight break out rooms all equipped with blacked out modular panels , modern and comfortable in their style.Romano Palace hotel is the ideal place where to satisfy your wishes and needs: Come and find out the pleasure to be cuddled in a luxury Home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Splitty, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Romano Palace Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romano Palace Luxury Catania
- Hotel Romano Palace Luxury
- Romano Palace Luxury Hotel Catania, Sicily