My first impressions:
Despite reading the information on TripAdvisor (presumably put there by the hotel) that there is a free shuttle bus service (as you would have no trouble believing when you book a night at a five-star luxury hotel), when I rang the hotel to organise it, they said the service to and from the airport doesn't exist any more. False advertising, perhaps? I spent 26 Euros on a metered taxi from the airport, even though it's only 3.4 miles away along some winding roads. I can't wait to pay the same to get back to the airport tomorrow... The room is ok: spacious and clean. The view out of the window is blocked out by foliage (though at least the sky far above is nice and blue). The WiFi in the room doesn't work (signal not strong enough to connect properly). I hope the pool is good! I'll find out when I'm settled in (and I'll update this if it changes my overall impressions of the hotel). Feeling slightly grumpy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Romano Palace Luxury Hotel rises in an ideal location on the seafront of Catania. Immersed in 25,000 square metres of private gardens, where the arabics fountains and a swimming pool with Jacuzzi create a charming and relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is an enchanted oasis between the Baroque of the city and the sea, overlooked by the great and magic presence of Mount Etna .Just a few minutes far from Catania historical centre and Vincenzo Bellini airport, both easily accessible with the free shuttle service of the hotel and only three minutes away from the touristic port and motorway junctions. Romano Palace is the best place where to enjoy the attractions of Catania and the beauties of Sicily in absolute freedom and privacy.The style of the hotel is the result of a long search between West and East, thus creating a unique mixture of Arabic atmosphere that crowns in a huge Hall. One hundred and four are the rooms and suites, each with its own style and the top of all modern comforts.Outdoors and indoors spaces are all multifunctional, meant to reach the guest’s comfort and care his privacy. The gardens and the fountains, the lounge bar, the swimming pool with its bar, the summer restaurant “Tokai Garden” and the panoramic roof garden “Papavero Blu”, the gourmet restaurant “ Coriandolo”, with its intimate and refined atmosphere. The “Posidonia” restaurant ideal for banquets, gala dinners ,and business lunches.A great balance between elegance and modern technologies in the plenary meeting room with a capacity of 330 seats and control room. Exhibition areas, and eight break out rooms all equipped with blacked out modular panels , modern and comfortable in their style.Romano Palace hotel is the ideal place where to satisfy your wishes and needs: Come and find out the pleasure to be cuddled in a luxury Home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Romano Palace Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romano Palace Luxury Catania
- Hotel Romano Palace Luxury
- Romano Palace Luxury Hotel Catania, Sicily